Proposal: Duchene to the Jackets

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I could say the same the other way around. Anderson is one of our best goal scorers.

Yep. He's a decent, underrated player presently on a hot streak. Kind of like Murray at the moment, actually.

Sure, last 2 years Dzingel had a better ppg. Perhaps longer but didn’t feel like checking. Dzingel plays on the first as well, so better shutdown defenders and players on him. Anderson on the second correct? I may be wrong there. His playstyle alone and speed is huge, I haven’t watched Anderson much but I doubt he is on the level of Dzingel. We will probably get a low first and a iffy prospect for him at the deadline at least

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
In what way at all is Anderson anywhere near Dzingel? Regardless of points have you watched Dzingel?

In a way where Josh Anderson is cost controlled and Dzingel is a free agent after the year. That also doesn't mention that the two have produced about the same in the last 2 years and 10 games, Anderson is at 36 points/82 games and Dzingel is at 39 points/82 games.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Sure, last 2 years Dzingel had a better ppg. Perhaps longer but didn’t feel like checking. Dzingel plays on the first as well, so better shutdown defenders and players on him. Anderson on the second correct? I may be wrong there. His playstyle alone and speed is huge, I haven’t watched Anderson much but I doubt he is on the level of Dzingel. We will probably get a low first and a iffy prospect for him at the deadline at least

Maybe you should watch him then, Anderson is a large physical PF, far rarer and more valuable quality than Dzingel when the NHL is overflowing with nonphysical speedy winger types

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sure, last 2 years Dzingel had a better ppg. Perhaps longer but didn’t feel like checking. Dzingel plays on the first as well, so better shutdown defenders and players on him.
...and better players working with him, too. That goes both ways.

His playstyle alone and speed is huge
Are you talking about Anderson or Dzingel with this bit? It could easily describe either one.

I get that since the OP is treating Dzingel like a throw-in that anything that doesn't look like it's giving him his proper due is going to be seen as hateful wrongness to be immediately corrected, but, c'mon. He played for Ohio State for three years; he's not exactly unknown to Columbus hockey fans.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Hard to honestly assess a trade with a UFA-to-be top line center and three criminally underrated players.

I am a fan of all four players. As a Jackets fan, I was thinking earlier today that I like to see Anderson and Murray moved up to the top line/top pairs. Anderson is currently leading the team in goals and was on the top line for a long stretch last season that was quite honestly dominant. Murray has been exceptional all season, but will be fighting his reputation for a while.

I’m not out to change any minds on these boards as much as typing to the void, but I value Anderson as a physically dominant, young/youngish, cheap, 2nd line winger capable of scoring 25-30 goals. And I value Murray as a #2-3 that hasn’t stayed healthy with an assortment of non-chronic injuries - valued somewhere in the middle of the rest of that Team NA D group.

I don’t know why I’m still here. You’ll see one day.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Sure, last 2 years Dzingel had a better ppg. Perhaps longer but didn’t feel like checking. Dzingel plays on the first as well, so better shutdown defenders and players on him.

The effect runs the other way, Dzingel benefits more from his linemates than he is hurt by the opposition. Anderson plays shutdown minutes with weaker linemates and scores at a similar rate. And is under contract on a very good deal. I'd consider them similar value contracts aside, but Anderson is a more unique player. I don't think he'd ever be moved for Dzingel straight up.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Columbus would very likely be more amenable to moving Wennberg or Bjorkstrand than Anderson or Murray. Anderson is the only non-smurf at RW and the Jackets D depth is too thin to move Murray. Wennberg and Tortorella are at the end of their rope with each other. And the Jackets have RW depth to replace Bjorkstrand.

The targets really are Stone and Duchene, not Dzingel. They've got crafty speedy players, they need guys who can lead a top line. Stone has to be the main target.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
This trade does not work at all for Ottawa yikes....

Trying to get Duchene and Dzingel and the best asset coming back is a 24 year old that has yet to crack 40 points. Ryan Murray has missed 60 games in the last two seasons.

Let's get real here... This makes no sense for Ottawa on so many levels I don't even know where to start.

Duchene has been PPG for 55 games now.

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If Duchene were willing to sign in Columbus, then I think it would be more prudent to just wait and sign him in the offseason rather than give up what he would cost just to have him this year as well.

And if Duchene is not willing to sign in Columbus, then Columbus shouldn't be making a move for him anyways.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This trade does not work at all for Ottawa yikes....

Trying to get Duchene and Dzingel and the best asset coming back is a 24 year old that has yet to crack 40 points. Ryan Murray has missed 60 games in the last two seasons.

Let's get real here... This makes no sense for Ottawa on so many levels I don't even know where to start.

Duchene has been PPG for 55 games now.

It's not an ask from Jackets fans.

I do hope you're right about the return, and you can get more value elsewhere for you impending UFAs. We've been told to not expect more for Panarin, who has 64 points in that same 55 game period.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
It's not an ask from Jackets fans.

I do hope you're right about the return, and you can get more value elsewhere for you impending UFAs. We've been told to not expect more for Panarin, who has 64 points in that same 55 game period.

The difference is that Duchene has shown a desire to stay in Ottawa and Dorion has said that they are in contract talks while Panarin is not re-signing in Columbus.

On top of Murray being injured on a regular basis isn't it rumored that Anderson is not happy in Columbus...

Like I get that UFAs are worth less but let's not act like this is remotely valuable enough for Ottawa to pull the trigger. Anderson replaces Dzingel and then we lose Duchene for Murray.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The difference is that Duchene has shown a desire to stay in Ottawa and Dorion has said that they are in contract talks while Panarin is not re-signing in Columbus.

On top of Murray being injured on a regular basis isn't it rumored that Anderson is not happy in Columbus...

Like I get that UFAs are worth less but let's not act like this is remotely valuable enough for Ottawa to pull the trigger. Anderson replaces Dzingel and then we lose Duchene for Murray.

Okay, then sign Duchene. If you find a good player that actually wants to play for Melnyk, you better keep him.

Side note - no truth to Anderson being unhappy. That's just Kypreos.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Hmmm.

Maybe don’t speak in sweeping absolutes about a player you’re unfamiliar with?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad