Sportsnet: Duchene to re-sign in Ottawa even if dealt?

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
This Vancouver fan disagrees. A team like Winnipeg would love him for a playoff run and can't re-sign him anyway. Rental Duchene has plenty of value.
No he doesn't 1st rd pick c level prospects that's his value if there's a deal already in place to return to Ottawa .

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Is this going to be the new way players ask for trades? "Oh yeah go ahead and trade me, I will come back in the off season! Trust me..."
giphy.gif

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
like I said no team makes that kind of trade like it or not.

No he doesn't 1st rd pick c level prospects that's his value if there's a deal already in place to return to Ottawa .

Please stop trying to act like some hockey massiah. You're saying all of these things as if you know they're factual but you don't. You don't have insider information on every team. Trades happen that NOBODY expects sometimes. Stop trying to claim you also know Duchene's EXACT value. Also regarding the bold text, you read one tweet or one report, there's no way for Ottawa to know 100% duchene will re-sign with them if they deal him. Even if he says he will. Ya know why? Sometimes people change there mind. Ala Zach Parise

Reactions: Mack Attack

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I doubt it happens but it would be a win-win for everyone.

- Duchene gets to chase a cup before committing to a rebuild
- Dorion gets assets from a rental Duchene to help the rebuild and gets to resign him in the summer
- Trading Duchene (and hopefully Stone) will cause the Sens to drop of a cliff and increase the value of their first round pick for the Avs (obviously the most important part here :sarcasm:)

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Please stop trying to act like some hockey massiah. You're saying all of these things as if you know they're factual but you don't. You don't have insider information on every team. Trades happen that NOBODY expects sometimes. Stop trying to claim you also know Duchene's EXACT value. Also regarding the bold text, you read one tweet or one report, there's no way for Ottawa to know 100% duchene will re-sign with them if they deal him. Even if he says he will. Ya know why? Sometimes people change there mind. Ala Zach Parise
I don't care what you think of me or my opinion . Ottawa will get a 1st rd pick c level prospects in return for Duchene if a deal is already in place to return to Ottawa.

Last edited:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I don't care what you think of me or my opinion . Ottawa will get a 1st rd pick c level prospects in return for Duchene if a deal is already in place to return to Ottawa.

Nobody would know if that deal is in place if all parties can shut their mouthes. It's not even a deal in place, it's duchene saying he'll give Ottawa first chance to sign him at the going rate on July 1st, which never happens anyway.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Nobody would know if that deal is in place if all parties can shut their mouthes. It's not even a deal in place, it's duchene saying he'll give Ottawa first chance to sign him at the going rate on July 1st, which never happens anyway.
Good for Ottawa . Good for Duchene . Good for any other team that gets him .

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
If true (doubtful), he's basically sacrificing the 8th year for a cup run. What's more worth it?

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
I doubt it happens but it would be a win-win for everyone.

- Duchene gets to chase a cup before committing to a rebuild
- Dorion gets assets from a rental Duchene to help the rebuild and gets to resign him in the summer
- Trading Duchene (and hopefully Stone) will cause the Sens to drop of a cliff and increase the value of their first round pick for the Avs (obviously the most important part here :sarcasm:)
Except the fact that Duchene would have to resign in Ottawa so he would be the loser, even if they paid him more than everyone else.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
like I said no team makes that kind of trade like it or not.

Again, you don't know that. It's not unheard of for rentals to get 1st rd picks. Duchene/Stone/Dzingel happen to be on the upper tier of rentals available.

Reactions: zaqq

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->