Confirmed with Link: Duchene to OTT in three-team trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I don't think very highly of Bowers so I really don't care much about losing him. Ecstatic we didn't lose any top 5 prospects in the system.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
We paid 1st+3rd to lose Bowers instead of Chabot, White, Brown, Chlapik etc (particularly White)

We are going for it the next two years. We don't need Bowers. We might need White

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Turris, who was walking
Hammond, cap dump
1st and Bouwers that are worth nothing close to Duchene
Except it doesn't seem like he was looking for that 8 year boogyman contract.

I would be fine with the trade if we knew Turris wasn't signing to a reasonable contract. 6x6 would have been fine.

I can't wait to see what the Karlsson and Duchene contract talks will be like this summer

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I have no idea how people see this value as anywhere close. Sakic made out like a bandit because Nashville had a need and for some reason Dorion was desperate to make a change... who the f*** knows why.

Reactions: bert

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Duchene has a higher ceiling than Turris and is the de facto best player in the trade. Dorion gave up a lot, Sakic got a boatload of goodies, but the real winner is Poile - 6 years of Turris @ $6M for facilitating the trade while making his team an immediate contender for the cup.

As a Sens fan, after the exit in Round 3, I was calling for a number 1 centre as a requirement for this team. Dorion did that, without losing Chabot or White. I am excited to see what Duchene can do under Boucher, curious to see how Karlsson and Duchene perform together on ice.

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Maybe just maybe the SENS didn't believe in Kyle Turris as a #1 C and didn't think that he was going to he a guy to help Kalrsson etc get to the cup.

Instead they got a guy who they do like who is younger and just entering his prime years in a situation that is better for him.

Great trade!!

Gonna miss Turris what an awesome guy but he was a #2C.

Very happy about this!

Sens turned Runblad into Matt Duchene!

Reactions: Awesomeakel

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Losing Turris sucks, hoping Duchene can regain his form and come out huge now that he's out of Colorado.

Outside of that, losing a 1st sucks but the rest of the deal is manageable. At least we didn't give up Chabot/White/Brown.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
This trade alone doesn't make us a contender. Dorion better have something else up his sleeve.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I'm happy! This is shocking..

Avs got a hell of a deal. But man do I like this from Ottawa.. Turris as #1C wasn't getting us anywhere, Duchene has that game breaking offensive ability that could take us from a middle of the pack team to a great team.

Reactions: Awesomeakel

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
We paid 1st+3rd to lose Bowers instead of Chabot, White, Brown, Chlapik etc (particularly White)

We are going for it the next two years. We don't need Bowers. We might need White

Exactly. Again, people here are unable to see the forest from the trees. We gave up literally none of our good prospects to make this happen. Also, now we have a very very solid 2 year cup window in front of us. Also, nobody is mentioning how Duchene is younger than Turris? People had an aneurysm over that aspect of the Zibanejad-Brassard trade...

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
You guys will love Duchene and see he'll be worth it. He got screwed around with the Avs organization.

Reactions: coladin

megalomania

Sep 29, 2010
Switzerland
Essentially we just traded Bowers, a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick to dump Hammond and turn 1 year of Turris into 2 years of Duchene. If they can't sign Turris to 6x6 I won't expect Duchene to be re-signed until I see indications to the contrary. I guess if it's clear in autumn 2018 that Karlsson will walk in UFA 2019 there's enough money to re-sign Duchene at least, but that's not something I want to think about. I'll reserve judgment until I see how much better or worse Duchene is than Turris, but my first impression certainly is that this is a bad trade.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I think you guys will really like Duchene. Take care of him. He's a very talented player. Now he's out of Colorado, in Canada...I think he'll do really well. He's had some very poor linemates over the years in Colorado.

Any info on Bowers?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Duchene has a higher ceiling than Turris and is the de facto best player in the trade. Dorion gave up a lot, Sakic got a boatload of goodies, but the real winner is Poile - 6 years of Turris @ $6M for facilitating the trade while making his team an immediate contender for the cup.

As a Sens fan, after the exit in Round 3, I was calling for a number 1 centre as a requirement for this team. Dorion did that, without losing Chabot or White. I am excited to see what Duchene can do under Boucher, curious to see how Karlsson and Duchene perform together on ice.

I still don't see how Duchene is a real #1 center when both he and Kyle have very similar stats. I believe this is a lateral move for which we gave up way too much. Dorion should have been able to retain Turris and keep all of those picks which the team still very much needs. I mean, a 1st? Really Pierre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad