Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
:nashville
2019 1st Round Pick
Dante Fabbro
Nick Bonino

:sens
Matt Duchene

I wouldn't mind at all if Nashville made this move, and also for Ottawa fans I mean it's two 1st Round Picks and a solid player in Bonino for Duchene. Also, I might be overvaluing him, because based on what Ottawa got for Karlsson, and Hoffman this should look like a decent return for y'all.

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Fiala-Turris-Smith
Tolvanen-Duchene-Jarnkrok
Salomaki-Sissons-Hartman

:)

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Just get him for cash when he tests free agency.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Fabbro is a no-go for the Sens

Probably will sign with the Preds after this year, but if he was traded to a laughing stock like the Sens - good chance he stays the extra year in college and bolts as a UFA

Reactions: Flyerfan52 and olli

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
2019 1st Round Pick
Dante Fabbro
Nick Bonino

Matt Duchene

I wouldn't mind at all if Nashville made this move, and also for Ottawa fans I mean it's two 1st Round Picks and a solid player in Bonino for Duchene. Also, I might be overvaluing him, because based on what Ottawa got for Karlsson, and Hoffman this should look like a decent return for y'all.

Fiala-Turris-Smith
Salomaki-Sissons-Hartman

You're not taking into account the Dorion Discount.

More like something like Carrier + Sissons + 2nd + conditional first (the please please don't flip him back to the East condition).

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Overpayment if Duchene isn't re-signed, plus overpayment considering Dorion gets fleeced so easily. Honestly though, if Nashville could pull off Duchene, I don't see why they couldn't trade Johansson just for picks for something, if they need cap space to re-sign Duchene. 1(ish) centers aren't hard to move.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I feel like Duchene will probably pull a first and a prospect near the trade deadline if he's having a good season. I'd rather make a trade then if the team needs it. Right now the Nashville roster is pretty full, unless Tolvanen can't pull his weight.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Theres no way they are going to get a better return for Duchene than Karlsson no one will pay that knowing he got carved up on Norris winning defenseman.

Reactions: MacBradley

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
2019 1st Round Pick
Dante Fabbro
Nick Bonino

Matt Duchene

Fiala-Turris-Smith
Salomaki-Sissons-Hartman

I like your thinking. I just don't think Ottawa has much use for bonino. Plus I think he(bonino) fits more on our 3rd line than turris would because Duchene would definitely be on 2nd line. We could always put turris or duchene on the wing. I think I'd rather go after Stone though.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I like your thinking. I just don't think Ottawa has much use for bonino. Plus I think he(bonino) fits more on our 3rd line than turris would because Duchene would definitely be on 2nd line. We could always put turris or duchene on the wing. I think I'd rather go after Stone though.

Stone is unlikely to sign.

Duchene loves the city and team, likely willing to accept a discount to being part of the team. His speed and strength couldn’t an asset playing either 2C or Wing.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Stone is unlikely to sign.

Duchene loves the city and team, likely willing to accept a discount to being part of the team. His speed and strength couldn’t an asset playing either 2C or Wing.
What makes you think Stone wouldn't sign? Why wouldn't you wanna sign with a Stanley Cup contender for many years? I like Duchene and I'd much rather have him on our team than Turris but Stone fills more of a need.
Fiala Duchene Smith or
Fiala Turris Stone

OR
Fiala Duchene Stone Boom!! Lol

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
What makes you think Stone wouldn't sign? Why wouldn't you wanna sign with a Stanley Cup contender for many years? I like Duchene and I'd much rather have him on our team than Turris but Stone fills more of a need.
Fiala Duchene Smith or
Fiala Turris Stone
I think Stone makes fiala and turris better

OR
Fiala Duchene Stone Boom!! Lol

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Overpayment if Duchene isn't re-signed, plus overpayment considering Dorion gets fleeced so easily. Honestly though, if Nashville could pull off Duchene, I don't see why they couldn't trade Johansson just for picks for something, if they need cap space to re-sign Duchene. 1(ish) centers aren't hard to move.

I'd take Joey over Duchene any day. It's no contest. Trading for Duchene and unloading Bonino doesn't make much sense for me either. Having Turris or Duchene playing 3C isn't putting them in the best position to succeed. The only thing that makes some sense is offloading Turris and signing Duchene. I think most would agree Duchene is slightly better than Turris but is it really that much of an upgrade to justify making a major roster change?

I don't think so personally. Preds made their decision when they acquired Turris. It makes no sense for the Preds to acquire another center unless they clearly upgrade on Joey or Turris.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
No way I would trade Joey if we was somehow able to get Duchene. Say what you will about Johansen but he is exactly what kind center Forsberg and arvi needs. I do admit sometimes he looks a little disinterested during the regular season and his point total takes a hit from it but he shows up when it matters. The last 2 playoffs he's been a point per game player (27 games 27 points). I think the player we would get rid of if we got Duchene would be Turris. But I still think Stone should be the real target though

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Nashville needs to stop taking half measures and acquiring high end #2Cs. If they make a move for yet another center, it had better be a bonafide #1 guy.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Nashville needs to stop taking half measures and acquiring high end #2Cs. If they make a move for yet another center, it had better be a bonafide #1 guy.

Except it isn't as simple as that. When they acquired Johansen he was in the middle of a disappointing season for multiple reasons, but he was coming off of a 26 goal/71 point season and, despite his seemingly being in a slump at the time of a deal, Poile still had to give up a kid who had been drafted 4th overall, had been projected to go 1st overall up until the draft, and looked good as an 18 year old playing defense in the NHL. That's a steep price, and it was a huge trade. You can't just say "If they make a move for yet another center, it had better be a bonafide #1 guy" when 1) Johansen was certainly considered one of those guys at the time, and 2) players who are/were "more bonafide," so to speak, don't come available all too often.

For what it's worth, I'm fine with Johansen as the top center. I do hope he picks it up offensively this coming year, but he has shown he can be a beast when it matters the most.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->