LeBrun: Duchene to meet with Preds this week

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
So, in the end, the trade ended up like this:

COLORADO
Bowen Byram
Samuel Girard
Vladislav Kamenev
Shane Bowers
Andrew Hammond
Justus Annunen
Danilla Zhuravlyov
Matthew Stienburg

NASHVILLE
Matt Duchene
Kyle Turris

OTTAWA
Lassi Thomson
Vitali Abramov
Jonathan Davidsson

COLUMBUS

Nice trade lol!

Reactions: Foppberg

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So, in the end, the trade went down like this:

COLORADO
Bowen Byram
Samuel Girard
Vladislav Kamenev
Shane Bowers
Andrew Hammond
Justus Annunen
Danilla Zhuravlyov
Matthew Stienburg

NASHVILLE
Matt Duchene
Kyle Turris

OTTAWA
Lassi Thomson
Vitali Abramov
Jonathan Davidsson

COLUMBUS

Nice trade lol!

Funny, I didn't realize Duchene signed already..

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Funny, I didn't realize Duchene signed already..
It's kinda obvious he's a goner, just like Panarin and Bobrovsky. Lol, gonna be a great off-season for the BJs.

giphy.gif

Reactions: TrueTT

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It's kinda obvious he's a goner, just like Panarin and Bobrovsky. Lol, gonna be a great off-season for the BJs.

giphy.gif
Bob's great, but paying a 30+ goalie 8-10M over 7-8 years is not a smart move. Not to mention we have 3 young goalies who are all going to be fighting for the starting spot. All of which have competed and play extremely well against nhl competition in international play.

Panarin obviously hurts, buts it's far from a done deal. He's gonna be hard pressed to find a better team with enough cap space to fit him in.

And why is it obvious Duchene is gone? Because he likes country music and he owns a house that he BnB's with a friend in Nashville??

I've got faith in Jarmo to do the right thing. I still remember when the entire HFboards shit on Jarmo and jackets for 2 straight years after he picked Dubois over Puljujarvi.

And if they all walk, it's not like the team is in serious trouble, we've been the youngest team in the NHL for what seems like the last 5-6 years. The team almost won the presidents trophy without either of Panarin or Duchene.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Bob's great, but paying a 30+ goalie 8-10M over 7-8 years is not a smart move. Not to mention we have 3 young goalies who are all going to be fighting for the starting spot. All of which have competed and play extremely well against nhl competition in international play.

Panarin obviously hurts, buts it's far from a done deal. He's gonna be hard pressed to find a better team with enough cap space to fit him in.

And why is it obvious Duchene is gone? Because he likes country music and he owns a house that he BnB's with a friend in Nashville??

I've got faith in Jarmo to do the right thing. I still remember when the entire HFboards **** on Jarmo and jackets for 2 straight years after he picked Dubois over Puljujarvi.

And if they all walk, it's not like the team is in serious trouble, we've been the youngest team in the NHL for what seems like the last 5-6 years. The team almost won the presidents trophy without either of Panarin or Duchene.
I'm still furious y'all picked Dubois over Puljaurujuaurjarvi. Had you guys picked anyone but Dubois, the Habs would most likely have had him along with Draisaitl or Hall instead of f***ing Old Man Weber.

Anyway, I've had some resentment over the BJs for: 1. taking Dubois, 2. making fun of the Habs for that 10-0 game ("we want 10" chants), and 3. beating us by 2 f***ing points to make the playoffs... But honestly, with all things said and done, I do hope for the best for you guys.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm still furious y'all picked Dubois over Puljaurujuaurjarvi. Had you guys picked anyone but Dubois, the Habs would most likely have had him along with Draisaitl or Hall instead of ****ing Old Man Weber.

Anyway, I've had some resentment over the BJs for: 1. taking Dubois, 2. making fun of the Habs for that 10-0 game ("we want 10" chants), and 3. beating us by 2 ****ing points to make the playoffs... But honestly, with all things said and done, I do hope for the best for you guys.
I was at that 10-0 game and it was absolutely unreal :laugh:

Made up for all the losses I've been in the stands for :laugh:

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
If they sign him, what happens with Turris?

Either he heals and is something close to a 50 point center/winger we expected him to be or he becomes a Lucic contract for us. If/when Duchene signs we have

Johansen
Duchene
Bonino
Sissons
Turris

down the middle, with Jarnkrok and Gaudreau capable of playing center. I'm hoping Boyle re-signs as well personally.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

COLORADO
Bowen Byram
Samuel Girard
Vladislav Kamenev
Shane Bowers
Andrew Hammond
Justus Annunen
Danilla Zhuravlyov
Matthew Stienburg

NASHVILLE
Matt Duchene
Kyle Turris

OTTAWA
Lassi Thomson
Vitali Abramov
Jonathan Davidsson

COLUMBUS

Nice trade lol!

That makes no sense. If you include Duchene as a UFA signing, you can also include Subban (given that he had to go to clear space for Duchene) as well as what he got in return and also Shea Weber given that Subban was traded for him.

Also I think ultimately Byram, Girard, Bowers and maybe Kamenev are what the Avs got out of this. Lets not pretend like any later round picks of the Avs has any chance. Especially if we are talking about Annunen and Stienburg in particular. I didn't even realize that both are part of the Duchene tree but now it makes a bit more sense. Avs were playing with house money and just decided to throw a dart at the board of available players. Thats how they ended up with Annunen and Stienburg. Actually makes total sense now. Because those selections at the time certainly did not.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Not counting any chickens prematurely. Won't believe a "big-name" free agent is actually signing with the Preds until the ink is on the paper, no matter how desperately it appears that player is throwing himself at us.

I would say Paul Kariya signing with us was bigger than Duchene (if it does indeed go through).

Kariya still holds the record for most points in a season for us. I’ll always wear my Preds Kariya jersey proudly :)

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

COLORADO
Bowen Byram
Samuel Girard
Vladislav Kamenev
Shane Bowers
Andrew Hammond
Justus Annunen
Danilla Zhuravlyov
Matthew Stienburg