Proposal: Duchene to Dallas

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The Stars could use a second-center with Spezza declining. Would Robertson be available at all if the Sens took back Hanzal?
If duchene was extended I'd do a 1 for 1 trade. to make the cap work Ottawa would have to retain 1 mil on the current deal or take back brett Ritchie.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Spezza
Hintz or Robertson
1st
conditional picks if Duchene does sign, gets moved to the East, the Stars make the finals

For

Duchene

- I could see Spezza willing to go back to Ottawa. It gives them a selling point for ticket sales too. Something for the older Sens fans to cheer or look forward to seeing.

- Hintz or Robertson are great young prospects but they aren't break the bank prospects like a Heiskenan in acquiring Duchene. They're also very underrated, similar in that aspect to Balcers, as like the Latvian both are on the cusp of actually being NHL players.

- Gets Ottawa a 2019 1st.

- The only downside I see is Duchene makes less money than Spezza and I can't imagine Ottawa liking that. Maybe someone like Gaborik could be thrown in if he is going to be LTIR'd?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Spezza
Hintz or Robertson
1st
conditional picks if Duchene does sign, gets moved to the East, the Stars make the finals

For

Duchene

- I could see Spezza willing to go back to Ottawa. It gives them a selling point for ticket sales too. Something for the older Sens fans to cheer or look forward to seeing.

- Hintz or Robertson are great young prospects but they aren't break the bank prospects like a Heiskenan in acquiring Duchene. They're also very underrated, similar in that aspect to Balcers, as like the Latvian both are on the cusp of actually being NHL players.

- Gets Ottawa a 2019 1st.

- The only downside I see is Duchene makes less money than Spezza and I can't imagine Ottawa liking that. Maybe someone like Gaborik could be thrown in if he is going to be LTIR'd?

Dont know if Spezza would waive, but if this deal went through, Ottawa could then move Spezza and the deadline for more assets

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Signed Duchene? Absolutely Robertson would be available. Word was Sens had interest in Hintz and Dellandrea though so they'd want one of them. I think Nill would do it for a signed Duchene pretty quickly though that'd make our depth considerably better right away. All prospects would be available outside of Heiskanen if it was up to me. I assume the Sens would have interest in a 2019 1st too

2019 1st
Robertson/Hintz
Hanzal
Maybe other pieces but based on what they got for Karlsson maybe this would do

Reactions: biturbo19

Johno

Assembling a Nordic powerhouse
Oct 30, 2013
I think Dallas would be much more interested in Mark Stone.

What sort of returns would the Sens be looking for to ship him to Dallas?

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Stone fits better in Dallas this season, but Seguin/Duchene/Faksa is mighty attractive going forward as a 1-2-3 punch. Duchene could play a season at wing.

Reactions: WhatWhat

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Ottawa just showed they are unable to trade EK signed, I can’t see them managing to get Duchene to agree to a sign and trade or trade and sign.

Duchene to Dallas for a lottery protected first + third

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Yeah I'd easily offer up 1st + Robertson/hintz + something else for Duchene. I know he said he is intrigued by free agency but that's while being on a team that is selling off its talent. I feel like he is more likely to extend with us since Benn and Seguin are signed to term.

Also anyone offering Spezza in this thread is out to lunch . He has a NMC and wanted to leave Ottawa. No way he waives for them if they are decent, and there is a negative % chance he waives given their current state

Reactions: Dynamite Time

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

I couldn't see that at all. Spezza wanted out of Ottawa and that fishbowl in the first place. What possible reason would he have to want to go back now that the team is in absolute shambles with ridiculous drama circling the organization from top to bottom. And while Spezza is on a serious downswing in his career, that would just have him drawing even more ire and criticism from fans than he ever saw before.

The salary isn't even all that different this year. It's $1M actual cash difference, which i guess could be construed as a big deal for Ottawa, but they do still have to get to the cap floor anyway. That million dollar salary difference isn't the real problem there though. It's that Spezza wouldn't want to go back to Ottawa.

Signed Duchene? Absolutely Robertson would be available. Word was Sens had interest in Hintz and Dellandrea though so they'd want one of them. I think Nill would do it for a signed Duchene pretty quickly though that'd make our depth considerably better right away. All prospects would be available outside of Heiskanen if it was up to me. I assume the Sens would have interest in a 2019 1st too

2019 1st
Robertson/Hintz
Hanzal
Maybe other pieces but based on what they got for Karlsson maybe this would do

Yeah. If you're looking at Duchene, you're probably talking at least a Dellandrea+, or 2019 1st+ sort of package. Other teams out there will be willing to pony up far more than a prospect like Robertson for a borderline #1C. Especially if they're convinced they can get him extended.

Ottawa just showed they are unable to trade EK signed, I can’t see them managing to get Duchene to agree to a sign and trade or trade and sign.

Duchene to Dallas for a lottery protected first + third

Yeah. These "sign and trade" ideas are usually pretty farfetched. Maybe Ottawa lets Dallas talk to Duchene and see if there's going to be enough common ground to get a deal done relatively easily there. Maybe you even have some sort of "agreement in principle" established there. But you're still going to be trading for an impending UFA Duchene, not one with a deal already officially in place.

There's still going to be enough interest in a player of Duchene's caliber to generate a solid return though. Even unsigned.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Yeah. If you're looking at Duchene, you're probably talking at least a Dellandrea+, or 2019 1st+ sort of package. Other teams out there will be willing to pony up far more than a prospect like Robertson for a borderline #1C. Especially if they're convinced they can get him extended.

I mean Robertson is a pretty damn good prospect. Dude put up back top back 40 goal season in the OHL and then come out as the top scorer at the traverse city tournament. He also apparently dropped 40 pounds this offseason and came to TC looking like a different man. I think 2019 st + Robertson + something else worth roughly a 2nd would be a pretty damn competitive offer for Duchene

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->