GDT: Duchene returns to Colorado tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
A year and a half ago, Matt Duchene requested a trade away from the Colorado Avalanche.

Sakic eventually moved him to Ottawa in that blockbuster 3 way trade. Duchene played against the Avs a week after the trade, but those games were in Sweden.

Tonight, Duchene returns to Denver for the first time since leaving.

Everybody remembers his parting comment of wanting to be on a playoff team and not being up for yet another rebuild. Of course, the Avs went on to make the playoffs and the Sens were a disaster.

Tons of emotion in tonight’s game.

How does everybody think he will do?

Do you think the crowd will cheer him or give him some boos?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Not to open up old wounds, but I still do side more with Roy on that whole fiasco. I get what he's saying.

Of course, don’t see how anybody can say otherwise.

Team is having an awful season, getting smoked by divisional rivals, the guy hits a personal accomplishment to reach a bonus in his contract and celebrates.

Instinctively selfish. Tells a lot about a dude.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Only the obsessed O'Reilly fanbois we still have on the board. Instead of liking both of them, Av fans tended to play identity politics and choose sides.

Talks about obsessed fanboys and then brings up a guy traded three years ago... :laugh:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
do fans in colorado even give a **** about him anymore?
Not really. Don't really have hard feelings for him but no real reason to miss him considering what we've gotten to see from MacK/Mikko/Girard etc the past year.

But I know some who still love him, so there's more than a few out there.

Reactions: Avs

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
I really wonder what the crowds reaction will be for the video, im thinking 40% boos 60% cheers

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Not really, but when I do its when I make fun of his dad.

They came from the same draft...

Dude, I started a thread to talk about his first game back to Denver.

You bring up ROR out of nowhere and then talk about his dad... seriously, who’s obsessed?

This is worse than the Leaf fan drive by thread hijacks.

Reactions: Quicklime

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Dude, I started a thread to talk about his first game back to Denver.

You bring up ROR out of nowhere and then talk about his dad... seriously, who’s obsessed?

This is worse than the Leaf fan drive by thread hijacks.
That's because majority of the Duchene-bashing crowd is driven by vocal O'Reilly supporters like yourself (for some odd reason). You're obsessed about me talking about O'Reilly, but I just answered the guys question. The fans who tend to hate Duchene are one's from the O'Reilly side of the aisle (that was the only reason why I brought him up, but you escalated the ROR talk by asking me why I brought up ROR, which I already told you why). Both will always be tied together though since they came from the same league, drafted in the same year, and both left under the same circumstances (one was forced out due to his negotiation tactics and the other asked for a trade).

Reactions: Avs44

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Of course, don’t see how anybody can say otherwise.

Team is having an awful season, getting smoked by divisional rivals, the guy hits a personal accomplishment to reach a bonus in his contract and celebrates.

Instinctively selfish. Tells a lot about a dude.

But holding out to get a few more nickels isn't selfish loool. Miss me with that nonsense.

Reactions: Avs44

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
This should be like when the blues visit Buffalo for ROR, although ROR is having a good season.

It’s similar circumstances (so far) we haven’t proved anything yet but just how it’s stared. It’s rich in irony.

It is funny when players just come out and talk about how terrible the situation is and go to a new “bettert” team and they aren’t afraid to make the others look bad, then when we leave their team does better and the other falls back with them on the team. I know, ROR is the furthest thing from the problem for the blues but it’s just funny.

Matt Duchene seemed entitled as if he was too good to be on bad team and he wasn’t even the best player on the avs.

I’m not a fan. BOO him.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Not to open up old wounds, but I still do side more with Roy on that whole fiasco. I get what he's saying.

Whatever your thoughts about the celebration, Roy did not handle that well, and anything he said should have been behind closed doors, not blasting Duchene to the media.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
This should be like when the blues visit Buffalo for ROR, although ROR is having a good season.

It’s similar circumstances (so far) we haven’t proved anything yet but just how it’s stared. It’s rich in irony.

It is funny when players just come out and talk about how terrible the situation is and go to a new “bettert” team and they aren’t afraid to make the others look bad, then when we leave their team does better and the other falls back with them on the team. I know, ROR is the furthest thing from the problem for the blues but it’s just funny.

Matt Duchene seemed entitled as if he was too good to be on bad team and he wasn’t even the best player on the avs.

I’m not a fan. BOO him.

Not related to the Blues/Sabres but ROR's relationship with COL fans is not good.
I don't think Duchene is selfish. Criticism from the front office, the people he grew up idolizing, got to him and he psychologically shut off. He said some awkward things but they were essentially meaningless and had little effect. ROR on the other hand was massively selfish.

ROR was so clutch as an Av, he did everything right on the ice and off the ice from the time he was drafted. Future Captain. There was no bad situation with him. Then he holds out for more money all of a sudden. We lose that shutdown 2C/occasional 1C.

As of now, I boo ROR when he comes to Denver. I won't boo Duchene though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->