Proposal: Duchene/Landeskog/2017 1st for #1 dman + depth

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
From Colorado:

Matt Duchene ($6M. UFA 19-20)
Gabriel Landeskog ($5.571M. UFA 21-22)
2017 1st Rd Pick (Likely 1-3 overall as of right now). Would prefer not to trade this obvious, but on the table to really get the discussion going.

for

Legit #1 Defenseman and potentially more to obtain the 2017 Pick.

I know most fans will say x is untouchable, but I am aiming for something like Karlsson, Doughty, Ekblad, Burns, Vlasic, Hedman, Keith, Subban, Josi, Pietro, Suter, Ghost etc... and in some cases those teams even add.

Complete blow up of the Avs and build around MacKinnon, Ratanen, Johnson, and their newly acquired D talent

One of these things is not like the others...

FrodoBeggins

Jun 26, 2016
Kerch
It is better to stay with the Suter. Moreover, there are rumors that the avalanche need peaks and avenues that better. Because by the time the Colorado will end the restructuring of almost all of these defenders will retire or leave will be collected.
You do not have the normal left-back. Brodin (as I separate from the heart) + 1 round and something more

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
hell id do that trade with montreal

Weber
pacioretty
1st 2017

for

duchesne
landeskog
barrie
1st 2017

Duchene please.

And the Avs wouldn't.

We would be left with a core of Weber, Pacioretty, EJ (moved to second pairing), MacKinnon, Zadorov, Rantanen and Jost.

Weber and Pacioretty are 10 years older than MacKinnon and Rantanen.

Not really a good foundation for a team if your best player forces you to go win now while your second and third best player are barely allowed to drink.

Really not a recipe for success.

Oh and also his contract sucks and the value is terrible for the Avs.

projexns

Matchups Matter
Mar 5, 2002
Forsling, OK
Visit site
It is better to stay with the Suter. Moreover, there are rumors that the avalanche need peaks and avenues that better. Because by the time the Colorado will end the restructuring of almost all of these defenders will retire or leave will be collected.
You do not have the normal left-back. Brodin (as I separate from the heart) + 1 round and something more

Is Jupiter a language?

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
hell id do that trade with montreal

Weber
pacioretty
1st 2017

for

duchesne
landeskog
barrie
1st 2017

A) it's Duchene. How do people still screw this up?
B) Of course you'd do that.

Landy and Patches are relatively equal.

Barrie, Duchene, and a top 3 1st for Weber? Gross.

That does nothing except deplete the Avs depth and makes them older.

Bad for Avs.

jsalz16

Feb 21, 2010
I'm betting the Avs will do nothing, like they do every year. They'll draft top 3 and sit on the tradable assets they could actually build some depth with. Sakic is my favorite player of all time but he's gotta do something soon or join Patty. Avs fans crapped on Sherman but at least he made some moves ie. Varly, EJ. Sakic has basically drafted the bpa each year, hired and fired a terrible coach and traded ROR for potential. Am I forgetting anything? Oh yeah, he has signed a few borderline nhlers and aging vets in Iggy and Beauch for too much money and too much term. They need to tear this **** down. Trade Dutchy, Barrie, Varly and possibly even EJ. Itll be tough for a few years but its not like theres a light at the end of the tunnel with this group.Sorry for the rant but this organization is bordering on pre Babcock/Shanny Leafs territory.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad