Value of: Dubois

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Nobody wants Dubois now. Dubois has shown his cards, all he wants is his money. He does not care about any team or city or team mate. Play a shift or two then collect his money.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Obviously not because he's with LA.

We dodged a bullet and that's what is important. Right now the Habs would be a circus with Dubois.
The fact Dubois was eventually traded to LA does not mitigate the level of hot takes. It does show the Jets preferred LA's offer though.

It does seem early on the Habs dodged a bullet.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The fact Dubois was eventually traded to LA does not mitigate the level of hot takes. It does show the Jets preferred LA's offer though.

It does seem early on the Habs dodged a bullet.
I was a fan of the trade because we need a solid 2C. Dach/Suzuli/Dubois was a great center cord to build on.

Turned out the concerns are actually very real and very present. There will be other young centers available, none that are likely to turn into a circus.

Reactions: viceroy

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Is this going to be the worst contract ever? * year at 8.5 with a NMC kicking in next year?

The Kings are going to be eating this one for a long time.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I was a fan of the trade because we need a solid 2C. Dach/Suzuli/Dubois was a great center cord to build on.

Turned out the concerns are actually very real and very present. There will be other young centers available, none that are likely to turn into a circus.
What is so surprising to me is how it looked for months that Dubois was forcing his way home and then it turns out he really wanted the LA lifestyle.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What is so surprising to me is how it looked for months that Dubois was forcing his way home and then it turns out he really wanted the LA lifestyle.
It's just as likely it wss a bargaining chip...OR he knew Quebec would turn on him personally and there would be nowhere to hide.

He's now in possession of the worse contract in the NHL.

Reactions: Heldig

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I wonder how he'd look if he were on Crosby's line...

Carter + Rakell for Dubois + a '24 1st?

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
Dont look now but PLD is not being a disaster tire fire anymore with the new coach ...

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Damn - was not aware of the 1/3 possibility. Curious if he's going to get bought out:

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 13.50.11.png

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
If Dubois gets bought out i think possible good landing spot for him would be Minnesota on a 1yr or 2yr "show me" deal.

One thing Dubois understands well is how to play with Russian players. He had his mega junior year centering a line with Svechnikov and Lazarev. Then he replicated that same success playing with Panarin in Columbus.

Minnesota has Kaprizov and then the following season were probably seeing Yurov coming over who looks like he's going to be a legit NHL scoring threat. Also, next year is the last year of the Suter and Parise buyouts at the 7.3 million amount.

I think Minnesota could sell the idea of coming in on cheap one year deal to revitalize his career playing with Kaprizov who he can have success with and when the buyouts drop resign him at a higher number.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
If he gets bought out, there will be a few teams interested in a short low risk contract…likely 1-2 yrs under 6m per yr..max
I don’t think he will get offered more than 4 years again in his career…unless he grows up and shows he’s worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad