Waived: Dubnyk

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
Per Bob McKenzie
OTF too: http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2014/...rs-news-devan-dubnyk-nhl-waivers-2014-march-3

Well who thought that this wasn't unexpected? Not like he's seen a glimmer of game action since he got shelled relentlessly. Hutton played for his NHL life when Dubnyk came in and Hut responded well to the challenge. Hopefully Korn can work with him to be an emergency goalie the rest of this season so he can find a job and prosper next. Dubnyk helped us to be rid of a bad contract and sent Matty Hendricks where he was needed more.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Hutton has been horrendous outside of a 4 game stretch in January which happened to surround dubs starts which were just as mind numbingly bad.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
@GoodsOnSabres: Admirals crease very crowded if Dubnyk clears. Hellberg close to return, Mazanec has played well. Even Darling has been solid.

Edit: question is, does he clear?

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Kind of saw this coming. I hope he manages to stick around long enough for Korn to kick him into proper game shape; he might actually become useful that way.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
@GoodsOnSabres: Admirals crease very crowded if Dubnyk clears. Hellberg close to return, Mazanec has played well. Even Darling has been solid.

Edit: question is, does he clear?

The Admirals Roundtable suggests that Hellberg is headed for Cincinnati for his own rehabilitation stint in the near future. Darling was recalled from Cincinnati. (Toivonen was released from his PTO about a week ago)

Mazanec hasn't played that well since he returned to Milwaukee. Perhaps it is the disappointment, or he is tired or the Ads defense has let him down. He is 9-7-3 with a 2.57 GAA in the AHL this season. He ranks 20th in GAA.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
I'm actually happy he cleared. Bring him back up after the deadline and let him work with Korn. If he can rid himself of his bad habits he would be a capable backup. If he shows improvement then re-sign him to a one year deal and let Hutton walk.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
To MTL for futures. We retain part of the salary. He's now getting his pay from 3 teams

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Futures? Like a palm reading? Or do we get the deluxe version from the lady with the crystal ball?

I still think it's a bowl of Poutien.

Oilers eat 75% of original salary.

Being told Preds eat 25%. 25% of old number or original number? #mathmatters

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
Been awhile since I've seen us do a trade involving the ole future considerations. How do those even work? At some random point in the future DP will call Montreal's GM and be like "Yo remember those future considerations? I'd like that pick/player of yours please"?

Is there some reason Montreal wouldn't have just picked him up on waivers? Is there some salary advantage to trading for him instead?

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
I haven't looked and not really sure where exactly it would be, but perhaps the money they saved with us retaining some of his salary vs. picking up what left was owed to him is the reason why they went with this route.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad