News Article: Dubnyk Meets With Malcolm Subban After Loss, Shares Similar Experience

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Article: Wild goaltender also had inauspicious beginning to NHL career

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Before establishing himself as one of the better goaltenders in the National Hockey League, Minnesota Wild netminder Devan Dubnyk went through his fair share of tough times.

His struggles during the 2013-14 season, one that started in Edmonton and included a pair of trades and with Dubnyk finishing the season in the American Hockey League, have been well documented.

He settled for a small, one-year contract with Arizona, was fantastic as a backup there before being traded to the Wild midseason and having one of the best runs by a goalie in recent memory, earning himself a contract -- and a home -- in Minnesota.

But Dubnyk's indoctrination into the NHL was no easier.

I thought this was a really nice/classy thing for Dubnyk to do... #Leadership :handclap:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Classy move by Dubnyk.

Honestly, I hate seeing any young/rookie goaltender get rocked like that and I'm sure it's even worse for other goalies seeing that happen too. Good on Dubnyk to seek out and be supportive of Subban after the game.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Great read! Thanks for sharing. Being a goalie myself in different sports and if course in totally different level.. But most of the goalies go through difficult times at some point during their career. Nice that Devan is even trying to give some perspective.

Hopefully Subban finds his way some day. This wasn't even nearly the end yet.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad