Dubnyk Makes 64 saves

Status
Not open for further replies.

outKast*

Dubnyk not only made a 64 save performance, but his team was outshot 66-16 and the Blazers still one the game. That is amazing goaltending. Lucky or not, that was a great game.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
outKast said:
Dubnyk not only made a 64 save performance, but his team was outshot 66-16 and the Blazers still one the game. That is amazing goaltending. Lucky or not, that was a great game.

similar thing with st. johns against syracuse...Aubin made 63 or 64 i cant remember and St. Johns still won the game...hehe...DAE JA WU

suddenimpact

Jan 2, 2005
Every once in a while a goalie will experience one of these games. It's shocking but so is a game where he only sees 11 shots!!!
Congrats Dubnyk.

Avery4Byng*

He was due for a game like that against the Rockets especially..... Last time in Kelowna he got lit up and pulled.... He has been shaky for the last 2 years I have watched him, thats why I still wonder why he got picked so high.

bruins4777*

tray said:
He was due for a game like that against the Rockets especially..... Last time in Kelowna he got lit up and pulled.... He has been shaky for the last 2 years I have watched him, thats why I still wonder why he got picked so high.
Size, mobility, and positioning are the reasons he got drafted. Goalies aren't always drafted on stats, it tends to be the potential they hold. The best like fleury and lehtonen get drafted ultra high cause they not only demonstrate potential, but an already laid out foundation that is NHL ready. Dubynk is one of those "potential" guys.

letterH

Nov 16, 2003
Kamloops, BC
Visit site
My 2 cents is he is overrated. I see him all the time and imho he has been very disappoiting. He was pulled the previous game for 3 terrible goals and should hav ebeen pulled the following game. The Blazers have been terrible, but Dubynk hasnt risen to the challenge either.

Tipped Off

10 pp

If you look at the scorers sheet, Kelowna had 10 power play opps and both their goals came on the power play. I'm sure that accounted for a ton of those 66 shots. figure if you just get 3 or 4 shots on goal per power play that 30 or 40 shots right there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad