dubnyk hitting hornqvist while 2 players have him in a headlock

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I mean, Hornqvist is at the edge of the crease with two Wild players behind him. Duby overreacted, Hornqvist is a pest but he didn't do anything there.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean, Hornqvist is at the edge of the crease with two Wild players behind him. Duby overreacted, Hornqvist is a pest but he didn't do anything there.

He took a swing at Dubnyk's head :dunno:
But other than that, yeah you're right, he didn't do anything else

Reactions: Chrisinroch

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
He took a swing at Dubnyk's head :dunno:
But other than that, yeah you're right, he didn't do anything else

Honestly missed it, which says something about the swing- still think 3 blocker shots is a bit excessive, those things hurt, but eh- not at all outta the blue then, I thought it was just the pawing at the head that irked him.

crosby87

Oct 15, 2017
Your example sucks. That thread is about the end of an era in hockey history. Not a whinefest about a hockey player getting punched during a hockey game.
Not the best example, but I used it cause it was posted by him, and to me it is completely pointless. My point still stands; there are tons of useless threads(this 1 included).

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dubnyk was probably out of line.
Hornqvist probably deserved it.
I didn't see the play in question.

Pretty good description of it for someone who didn't see it.

And the world keeps turning...

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
51.3 Match Penalty - If, in the judgment of the Referee, a goalkeeper uses his blocking glove to punch an opponent in an attempt to or to deliberately injure an opponent, a match penalty may be assessed.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
51.3 Match Penalty - If, in the judgment of the Referee, a goalkeeper uses his blocking glove to punch an opponent in an attempt to or to deliberately injure an opponent, a match penalty may be assessed.
Luckily for the game, this hasn't been the judgement of the referee pretty much forever, at least in the NHL.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I've never seen a match penalty call for a goalie punching someone with a blocker, I know it's a rule but I've never seen it happen.

That being said, Dubnyk might as well have gotten one with how he played after this. The 3rd and 4th goals were directly because of rebounds and the 5th was just weird.

He half-heartedly lifts his arm to signal for icing even though there was no way his players were going to get to the puck first, then he just kind of sits halfway in the net and when puck is passed to the slot he's completely helpless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad