Confirmed with Link: Dubnyk (50% retained) and a 2022 7th to San Jose for a 2022 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
Yeah, looking forward to Johansson and Bjugstad changing the culture while Parise, Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin are still on the roster

If that's what you think this team ends up looking like when all said and done then so be it......and I am fine with those guys still on the roster. All play consistent games every night.

But not going to get in a back and forth argument when the offseason just started.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wife isn't much of a hockey fan, but Dubnyk is her favorite player. She pronounces it funny, like she is from Croatia.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I hope for his sake she is... I spent a year there, and let me tell you, there were several times each day I would walk by a woman on the street and my first thought would be, "Yeah, I'd buy her a house."
So we can assume then, that you are now a real estate investor in Croatia?

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Can any of you please please say it's reality Dubnyk will be gone today? I want him away from the team , but it's just feels like somehow , someway this is going to end up falling apart. Why does this trade need to wait until the end of the day today?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Can any of you please please say it's reality Dubnyk will be gone today? I want him away from the team , but it's just feels like somehow , someway this is going to end up falling apart. Why does this trade need to wait until the end of the day today?

Bolded comment seems a bit harsh, but it sounds like this deal with get done pretty soon.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
any word on this being confirmed?
Nothing yet. From what Russo's been saying it's in the bag but no word on what the hold up is. I was wondering if it wasn't somehow contingent on something happening with Fleury... but that doesn't make much sense. I assume Dubnyk's gone regardless of who else might be coming in.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Nothing yet. From what Russo's been saying it's in the bag but no word on what the hold up is. I was wondering if it wasn't somehow contingent on something happening with Fleury... but that doesn't make much sense. I assume Dubnyk's gone regardless of who else might be coming in.
yeah i see him as gone for sure to SJ but i cant for the life of me figure out what is holding it up this long. has to be the plus from us right?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

The Wild are receiving a 2022 fifth-round pick from San Jose, which also gets a 2022 seventh-rounder from the Wild.
The Wild retained the maximum half of Dubnyk’s remaining contract, sources say. So they’ll pay him $1.25 million and carry a $2.17 million cap hit for Dubnyk next season. A buyout would have cost the Wild $1.67 million in cash spread over two years and a $2.67 million cap hit next season and $833,333 cap hit in 2021-22.
So, this was the cheaper option than buying him out. It’s the first time since the NHL implemented the salary retention rule in 2013 that the Wild have taken advantage of the rule.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi again folks. Glad to see some positive vibes here today after the head scratcher with Donato (though maybe there’s something I’m missing).

Hopefully you can get a serious upgrade in the net and cash in on the Cap Space you gained from dealing Ryan D.

Bill G is certainly making lots of noise. I’m excited to see him make a big move to get something to blow our socks off.

Good stuff & best of luck going forward.

12EAC4DD-6690-45BB-8D09-BB3E39BC4B8B.gif

PS. As a former resident of Kamloops, I’m glad that Duby could resurrect his career with the Wild. Full marks for the franchise giving him the opportunity.

Reactions: StateofCelly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad