Injury Report: Dubinsky to miss 6-8weeks

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I'm ok with Sedlak taking his spot... Although I wonder if Torts is going to go back to his "roll 3 lines forever and toss out the fourth line once or twice a period" routine.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'm ok with Sedlak taking his spot... Although I wonder if Torts is going to go back to his "roll 3 lines forever and toss out the fourth line once or twice a period" routine.

Sure as hell hope not... never seems to work for us.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
There was discussion on this type of situation occurring at the beginning of the year. I warned of something exactly like this happening. Having Prout on the roster and using him when needed would not have been a waste. Would have been the perfect guy to have as the 7th d man in a 11f/7d deployment. He would have absolutely been out there and would HAVE NOT allowed that fight to happen. 3rd man in/suspension or not.

We don't need Dubi and Foligno fighting the Kassians of the league. This time its 1 of the redundanteers, next time it could possibly be 40 goal scorer Josh Anderson.

Whatever, hope EVERYBODY IS HAPPY

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
There was discussion on this type of situation occurring at the beginning of the year. I warned of something exactly like this happening. Having Prout on the roster and using him when needed would not have been a waste. Would have been the perfect guy to have as the 7th d man in a 11f/7d deployment. He would have absolutely been out there and would HAVE NOT allowed that fight to happen. 3rd man in/suspension or not.

We don't need Dubi and Foligno fighting the Kassians of the league. This time its 1 of the redundanteers, next time it could possibly be 40 goal scorer Josh Anderson.

Whatever, hope EVERYBODY IS HAPPY
There are a lot of assumptions here.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Same reason I.never hated Boll getting extended... in late game like that with Kassian not really giving you an option... He shouldn't be in that spot late game. People want us to have 4 offensive lines but we.miss that old blue jacket style in times like this. I don' mind Foligno dropping because the guy is a genuine sweetheart but you can see it when he fights the lights switch. I laughed hard when I read in the oilers section guys saying look at the man's eyes he's crazy haha. But Dubi is more bark then bite. He won't back down but he's not a great fighter. Even a Scotty Hartnell would be a better late game option. There's a reason the 2 time champs spent a 1st for an enforcer... just a thought.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It seems the only teams that really have actual enforcers playing that role are teams with superstars and the only one we have isn't likely to be dropping his gloves and helmet in the crease

We just need some damn stability in the lineup

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Same reason I.never hated Boll getting extended... in late game like that with Kassian not really giving you an option... He shouldn't be in that spot late game. People want us to have 4 offensive lines but we.miss that old blue jacket style in times like this. I don' mind Foligno dropping because the guy is a genuine sweetheart but you can see it when he fights the lights switch. I laughed hard when I read in the oilers section guys saying look at the man's eyes he's crazy haha. But Dubi is more bark then bite. He won't back down but he's not a great fighter. Even a Scotty Hartnell would be a better late game option. There's a reason the 2 time champs spent a 1st for an enforcer... just a thought.

Who was their enforcer when they won those 2 championships? Kunitz? It was a dumb trade. If they win the cup again it will be in spite of Reaves, not because of.

Seriously, one goon gets in a good shot on Dubinsky (who is notorious for stepping over the line) and we call for the days of Jared Boll and Dalton Prout? Prout I can understand a little, he had a good season and showed shutdown D qualities, but Boll????

No, I don't miss those days. Fighting is a part of hockey, but having one roster spot wasted on a Jared Boll or Jody Shelley makes no sense to me. I'd take a guy like Calvert, Motte, or Hannikainen over them any day. I want to watch skill against skill in hockey, and If I wanted to watch heavyweights fight then I'd turn on MMA.

We tried to play the rough, physical, dirty style of play against Pittsburgh in the playoffs, and sure we got in good hits and roughed them up, but guess what? They don't care when they pass it around you and put it in the net.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Why do people associate physical with dirty? The dirtiest play Dubi ever committed was on a bitch diving on the ground pretending he was just shot in the back of his head and was in the most pain he's ever been in. And the dirty part wasn't the original hit... that check was shoulders and clearly accidentally slid up... the dirty bit was frustration that that baby would have the nerve to be a pro and drop like that so he out of frustration cross checked his back. But find his dirty plays that don' happen in every game or that every player hasn't committed. But search YouTube for "dirty Sidney Crosby plays" and you will find a hundred videos of slashes and slewfoots. Look up stuff from Malkin who has never thrown a punch without a ref in between and a players arms not held back.

And yes I'd rather have a Calvert the Boll but the more skilled player isn' as effective of a fighter and is a bigger load when off the ice. Anderson and Foligno are more then enough with their hands to not need a fighter but they are much more valuable not sitting out for 5.

I just can't figure out people's obsession with associating physical and dirty as the same thing. Going back to the playoff thing we didn't play dirty at all... It's bad enough pens/any team in Canada's fans say that but I'd expect better from a CBJ fan. I honestly have no problem saying shit like what Calvert did last year was dirty or when a scum move happens from our team but finishing a check or throwing 40 hits a game isn't dirty it's just physical.

Last edited:
Reactions: 213 Sentinel

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Why do people associate physical with dirty? The dirtiest play Dubi ever committed was on a ***** diving on the ground pretending he was just shot in the back of his head and was in the most pain he's ever been in. And the dirty part wasn't the original hit... that check was shoulders and clearly accidentally slid up... the dirty bit was frustration that that baby would have the nerve to be a pro and drop like that so he out of frustration cross checked his back. But find his dirty plays that don' happen in every game or that every player hasn't committed. But search YouTube for "dirty Sidney Crosby plays" and you will find a hundred videos of slashes and slewfoots. Look up stuff from Malkin who has never thrown a punch without a ref in between and a players arms not held back.

And yes I'd rather have a Calvert the Boll but the more skilled player isn' as effective of a fighter and is a bigger load when off the ice. Anderson and Foligno are more then enough with their hands to not need a fighter but they are much more valuable not sitting out for 5.

I just can't figure out people's obsession with associating physical and dirty as the same thing. Going back to the playoff thing we didn't play dirty at all... It's bad enough pens/any team in Canada's fans say that but I'd expect better from a CBJ fan. I honestly have no problem saying **** like what Calvert did last year was dirty or when a scum move happens from our team but finishing a check or throwing 40 guys a game isn't dirty it's just physical.

I said Dubinsky steps over the line, not dirty. There's a difference. He's no Matt Cooke, but he's no saint either.

Yes, Crosby steps over the line too.

There's nothing wrong with physical play. There is something wrong with carrying a player on your roster who can't do anything but hit and fight.

Reactions: Byrral

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I agree with all that. Maybe I should have said Dorsett instead of Boll. Dorsett is my all time favorite CBJ player before the new era. He always had a scoring touch even though it wasn't his job and it was shown this year before the guy was forced into retirement.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Dubi should have seen in coming, winger taking a draw? Refs have been quick to intervene this year. They really couldn't here because it went down so quickly. There was an article earlier this year about Dubi not wearing a visor. Guessing after this he will; surely would have made it more difficult for Kassian to land a blow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad