Dubinsky Leaves Practice with injury - Update: out 4-6 weeks

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I really hope this is nothing serious. In practice, Torts finally got the balls to drop Pooh to the 4th line where he belongs. A serious injury to Dubie could allow Wennberg to crawl out of the hole he has dug for himself.

Reactions: thebus88

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
If we had a legit 2c , this may not be an issue, but Dubinsky was our 2nd best center thru camp and first couple games . Stenlund will be recalled , and probably get minimal minutes , and we will just continue to ride the non production of Alex Wennberg . Calling it right now , Torts will play Stenlund minimally , like he is with Milano . Get well quickly Dubi .

Reactions: thebus88

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It’s a real shame because he actually looked much improved.

Stenlund or Sedlak? Will be interesting to see who gets the nod

Agreed on both points. Follow-up question to "who gets the nod" is "does whoever gets the nod just replace Dubi or is there some other lineup shifting that takes place?"

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Sedlak will probably get the first call since he is already on the team.

If Pooh would dig his way out, that would be fine. But he won't because he does not want to make any changes in his game. As you know, he has been publicly quoted as saying he will play the way he plays and that is it. So giving him the opportunity to do what he has publicly proclaimed he will not do is just wasting those minutes of ice time on him.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
To me, if it is Sedlak, Wennberg will be moved back up to the "second" line since Sedlak offers very little offensively. If it is Stenlund, then there is a chance that Wennberg would remain on the fourth line since Stenlund has shown some offensive potential.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Well that is probably the worst of all possible worlds.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Ouch. That sucks for us and Dubi.

It might not be worth a lot, but as someone who attended probably 10-15 games of the Calder Cup winning Monsters season, I have some insight to share.

During the playoffs, the Monster's "third line" was Hannikainen-Sedlak-Bjorkstrand and they were beautiful. Really, it was flashes of Bjorkstrand exerting flashes of dominance against the other teams' defense, with the other two being able to benefit offensively. They were a good all around line. During that same time, Milano was on the so-called "shut down line" with Ryan Craig and, IIRC, Vogelhuber. He did a lot of digging out dumped pucks and leading the breakout up the ice in that role. It might not have always been scoring opportunities, but it's the best I've ever seen Milano play.

I wonder/hope they can reclaim some of that chemistry from a few years ago, while we're short 1 Dubinsky. I doubt it.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Harrington is practicing already so they probably won't have room to call up anyone. from what tort say he is expecting him to replace clendening in the lineup soon. maybe carlsson could be sent down and stenlund up if the forward line arent working but it will take few games before they do that.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
^^^^^^^^^

Put them back in the A and I'd take the bet...here in the NHL I'll take the under

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
So we will be 1-5 before they take any action ??????

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
^^^^^^^^^

Put them back in the A and I'd take the bet...here in the NHL I'll take the under
I mean I agree, especially with the coaching staff as is. If Bednar was behind our bench? I'd be a bit more confident. We'll just have to get used to the Werenski drops the puck to Panarin for a up ice rush to not get a good zone entry play from our PP. Over and over.

Bjorkstrand wasn't the issue with that 2nd line, and I think Torts knows it.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

The lines look so random. I'd really love to know the thought process.

I'd rather see:

Duclair - Nash - Anderson
Jenner - Wennberg - Bjorkstrand
Milano - Stenlund - Foligno
Panarin - Dubois - Atkinson

I'm going to stop listing lines in 1-4 order just so we can stop having tired arguments about who is suited to play 4th line style. 5v5 we want 4 scoring lines who play a decent amount.

Reactions: Viqsi and CBJFan827

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Bjorkstrand on the 4th? FREE BJORK
Same Shit as last year with Torts.... Scoring 1.5 goals a game, why get minutes for guys that can put the puck in the net. Instead Foligno will continue to get 20 minutes a night, Wennberg 16, and we wonder why we struggle to score. So much from him supposedly learning from the Karlsson Fiasco, he said he was going to study .

Reactions: We Want Ten

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad