Speculation: Dubas on the potential offersheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Just because you can "defend any of those threats" doesn't mean that Matthews signing an offer sheet can't harm the Leafs. Being forced to sign Matthews for 14M+ AAV is not optimal.
well u could put Mathews on Arizona for 14 million ,but unless your going to spend to the salary cap ,u give up 4 first rounders .
Mathews alone wont give u a play off team .
maybe 4 lottery pics are great trade chips ,Arizona paying Mathews more than anyone in hockey ,with wingers making 10 million less LMAO

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
GMs have made worse decisions than making Auston Matthews the highest paid player in the league.

Would Dubas trade Matthews for four first rounders right now?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
GMs have made worse decisions than making Auston Matthews the highest paid player in the league.

My guess is he would take the picks and drive him to the airport himself. Can’t really see an offer sheet coming for him. Injuries and his playoff performance would scare of any potential teams.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Easy answer...no. Now, when you add the asterisk of paying 16 million per year? That answer may change.

Reactions: Nizdizzle and Spock

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
If Connor McDavid didn't sign an offer sheet, I can't imagine Matthews or Marner doing it.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
I do laugh though that with all the RFA's coming up the Leafs seem to be the only ones that are a threat to receive offer sheets.
Their GM is just the only one that has stated publicly that he spends "zero percent of his time worrying about it." The threat is there for other teams, too. Winnipeg to name one.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
There are very strong opinions in favour of both answers to the question. Perhaps Dubas should spend at least 0.00001% of his time worrying about it. But I wouldn't know... it's not my nature to worry.

Reactions: HandsUpForBelchior

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
There are very strong opinions in favour of both answers to the question. Perhaps Dubas should spend at least 0.00001% of his time worrying about it. But I wouldn't know... it's not my nature to worry.

Where were all these offer sheets Nylander was supposed to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad