PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Nesterov
Nikita Nesterov Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Grigorenko
Mikhail Grigorenko Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

I would be more interested in Grigorenko; unless Dubas is expecting already that one of Muzz/Barrie (or both) may not be on the Leafs roster next season

Technically I D-core next season is: (based on the roster today)

Rielly-XXX
XXX-XXX
XXX-XXX

UFAs: Muzzin, Barrie, Holl, Marincin, Hutch
RFAs: Dermott, Mikheyev, Goat (arb available), Timashov,

ELCs: Sandin, Liljegren

Well at least Dubas is already looking ahead; I can support that... foresight; good foresight is really important in salary cap era!!!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Wow, Grigorenko is a funny one. Thought a nice way to kick off the Burke era rebuild would have been to pick this guy as a top 6 centerman. I guess better late than never...

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He wouldn't have to be on a ELC, so perhaps he could make more money with the Marlies, with an option to play with the Leafs.

Toronto or Moscow? I'm not sure I've never been to Russia, so I don't know what it's like in Moscow?

I played rugby for a team just outside of Moscow, it's like a lot of cities

Some areas are better than others but the good area's are fantastic and the woman are unbelievably beautiful and friendly

That takes some beating

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
What the hell are we talking about replacing anyone right now especially these two in Russia for Kerfoot !!
Unbelievable
Firstly the guy is playing pretty good hockey and is partially responsible for the successes of Soup and Moore and has jets for skates !!!
Incredible , what’s wrong with some of you people ...
Man oh man
Give the guy a chance
6 games , 6 games
And we are looking to replace a facet of our lineup that’s actually doing well with another European that’s 28-32 ??
Give your heads a big Tie Domi shake
Wow !!!!

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016
He wouldn't have to be on a ELC, so perhaps he could make more money with the Marlies, with an option to play with the Leafs.

Toronto or Moscow? I'm not sure I've never been to Russia, so I don't know what it's like in Moscow?

having lived in both (I'm from Toronto originally), I would take Moscow 10 times out of 10. If I were an average Muscovite with a family, I would take Toronto over Moscow. If I were a professional hockey player - let alone a Russian one - I would take playing for the Leafs 10 times out of 10. And this is someone who is a huge CSKA fan (they're my KHL team), but the opportunity to live and play in the hockey capital of the world would be too much for me to pass up. Even if it didn't work for guys like Zaitsev, the sheer thought of the opportunity is just way too tempting.

Also, if you look at hockey lifespans, it's much shorter in the NHL - Grigorenko has ample time to play in the KHL well into his mid-30s should he so choose. He has unfinished business in the NHL, and I think if he's given a guaranteed NHL contract with 3rd line minutes (i.e. like Ilya Mikheyev), he'd definitely come back.

I also felt like he wasn't handled properly in Buffalo, although he did himself no favours. The guy is really talented and would be a good, low-end 1-year contract to rebuild his value on a stacked offensive team.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Nesterov not good pick ( little better then Ozh) . Grigs nice upgrade over Kerfoot . I thout Dubas want Okulov. This boy Mikheev level player.
It's never a bad idea to do you due diligence and see what's out there but in no way shape or form is Grigorenko better than Kerfoot.

What a ridiculous statement.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Interesting.

Are they interested in living in Toronto?

Who are they going to replace, Johnsson, Spezza, Petan, ... but what about Korshkov, Engvall?

If they want to be Marlies it might work out, unless Dubas is thinking of moving someone out.

EDIT: Grigorenko will be 26 next May.

Nesterov is a defenseman. LD... So he'd more likely be in line to take a job away from a guy like Sandin. IDK if we'd have a ton of interest in him because I doubt he's anything more than a bottom pairing guy.

Grigorenko makes some sense. He'd be a cheap top 9 replacement as a playmaking winger. We could have a lot of use for that next year. NOTE: The guy is not a center and never will be a center in the NHL.. So don't count on him replacing Kerfoot.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
What the hell are we talking about replacing anyone right now especially these two in Russia for Kerfoot !!
Unbelievable
Firstly the guy is playing pretty good hockey and is partially responsible for the successes of Soup and Moore and has jets for skates !!!
Incredible , what’s wrong with some of you people ...
Man oh man
Give the guy a chance
6 games , 6 games
And we are looking to replace a facet of our lineup that’s actually doing well with another European that’s 28-32 ??
Give your heads a big Tie Domi shake
Wow !!!!
Unfortunately, when Kerfoot is up for a new contract, he'll command too much, therefore, Dubas needs to line up cost controlled replacements.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
I see this as filling the depth

giving grigorenko another chance on a high power team

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Nesterov
Nikita Nesterov Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Grigorenko
Mikhail Grigorenko Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

I would be more interested in Grigorenko; unless Dubas is expecting already that one of Muzz/Barrie (or both) may not be on the Leafs roster next season

Technically I D-core next season is: (based on the roster today)

Rielly-XXX
XXX-XXX
XXX-XXX

UFAs: Muzzin, Barrie, Holl, Marincin, Hutch
RFAs: Dermott, Mikheyev, Goat (arb available), Timashov,

ELCs: Sandin, Liljegren

Well at least Dubas is already looking ahead; I can support that... foresight; good foresight is really important in salary cap era!!!

It amazes me that people still used hockeydb... eliteprospects is soooo much better!!

Reactions: Green Snow Storm

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
Grigorenko just can't keep pace in the NHL, there's a lot of gliding around maybe he's improved but i doubt it

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Grigorenko just can't keep pace in the NHL, there's a lot of gliding around maybe he's improved but i doubt it
He looks like he took a huge step forward in the KHL last year, and has continued it early on this year.

No knowing how it would translate back to the north american game but if he comes as a cheap ticket, why wouldn't you take a shot at a 6'3" center with a tonne of skill.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Not sure I particularly see the fit currently, but it's always wise to have multiple irons in the fire for the future.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Unfortunately, when Kerfoot is up for a new contract, he'll command too much, therefore, Dubas needs to line up cost controlled replacements.
I think Kerfoot is signed to at least a 3 year contract , if not a 4 year ( please correct me if I’m wrong )
Obviously as a GM you are never done with “ filling the hopper “ so to speak
But
My comments are to those who implied and stated that these two or anyone else should be a replacement immediately to Kerfoot on the roster .
Go Leafs Go

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
He looks like he took a huge step forward in the KHL last year, and has continued it early on this year.

No knowing how it would translate back to the north american game but if he comes as a cheap ticket, why wouldn't you take a shot at a 6'3" center with a tonne of skill.
Yes. Like Dadonov.

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
In order to protect the future. A big salary vet might have to be exposed in the up coming expansion draft. Dubas have to be prepared just in case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->