Dubas meets Nikita Nestorov & Mikhail Grigorenko in Russia

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Isn't Nesterov the size of a medium sized boat? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Edit: nope, someone else. Ha

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Interesting.

Are they interested in living in Toronto?

Who are they going to replace, Johnsson, Spezza, Petan, ... but what about Korshkov, Engvall?

If they want to be Marlies it might work out, unless Dubas is thinking of moving someone out.

EDIT: Grigorenko will be 26 next May.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I didn't know Grig was 6'3" and I didn't know he is a centre...always looking for cheap C depth.

Looks like a legit scoring option with a very good pedigre.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He wouldn't have to be on a ELC, so perhaps he could make more money with the Marlies, with an option to play with the Leafs.

Toronto or Moscow? I'm not sure I've never been to Russia, so I don't know what it's like in Moscow?

Well, depends what he likes. 2 completely different cities with different culture. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Moscow is much colder, though.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Isn't Nesterov the size of a medium sized boat? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Edit: nope, someone else. Ha

From his brief stint in Montreal, Nesterov plays small and is a nervous mess in his zone. He has good offensive instincts. His shot is accurate and hits the net more often than not.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Nesterov not good pick ( little better then Ozh) . Grigs nice upgrade over Kerfoot . I thout Dubas want Okulov. This boy Mikheev level player.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Nesterov not good pick ( little better then Ozh) . Grigs nice upgrade over Kerfoot . I thout Dubas want Okulov. This boy Mikheev level player.

If Grig is an upgrade over Kerfoot, and a UFA, that would mean his asking price would be $3.5 million+ which puts him out of our shopping space.
IMO he would be available for similar $$$ as Mikheev was. $925K

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Grigorenko would be a nice pick up, then we can move Kerfoot to the wing. I would suspect one of Johnsson or Kappy might be moved next year. But even having center depth can't hurt.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Not sure either would be that great but due diligence is never a bad thing.

Grigorenko has been doing really well in the KHL. Could be worth the PTO for next season.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Not sure either would be that great but due diligence is never a bad thing.

Grigorenko has been doing really well in the KHL. Could be worth the PTO for next season.

Dubas doesn't have a choice...that's his way of keeping in line with the salary cap...he needs to find efficiencies in the market via free wallet minimal salary players for overpaying his core players...it will be a constant merry-go-round of depth players year after year. Rielly's contract will present the next big headache.

Reactions: ToneDog

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Grigorenko would be interesting. Former 1st round pick that never accomplished anything while here. Maybe he's just a later bloomer. But people replacing Kerfoot with him are just being silly lol Kerfy has put up 2 40+ point years in his 2 years in the league and will do so again this year. And he's the same age. Grigorenko has never touched those numbers in the league. He'd also likely be a cheap LW if coming over next year when we undoubtedly have to unload some salaries

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad