Injury Report: DSP/Mitchell/Gallagher/Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I think it was Basu on twitter who noted that his "7-14 days" injury timeline is up as of tomorrow but that he still hasn't started skating...so it doesn't seem like his return is imminent.

Sucks for Mitchell, he had a great start. Obviously his loss is not as big as Price and Gallagher but still will be nice to have him back.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Recchi has revolutioned HF for ever.

21drrecchimueller12.jpg

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think it was Basu on twitter who noted that his "7-14 days" injury timeline is up as of tomorrow but that he still hasn't started skating...so it doesn't seem like his return is imminent.

According to Engels on twitter, Mitchell says he will play this week. Not sure if against Boston, Detroit or Ottawa, but it'll be good to have him back.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
will be good to get Mitchell back if he's back this week, wonder who goes down Carr or Thomas? Unless DSP injury is worse, haven't heard anything. So far Semin is on IR so if they put DSP on IR then clearly no one needs to be sent down when Mitchell is back.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Good news on Mitchell. While it's nice to see some new blood once in a while, I miss flynn-mitchell-dsp. It's been a very good 4th line.

habs247

Oct 8, 2013
I think it's obvious that Gallagher is the glue of this team, not Price or Subban.

Without Gallagher on the ice, it shows.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Looking forward to seeing this team get healthy.
The one youngster who may have cemented a spot is Andrighetto. Thomas also has done well. Carr needs a couple of more games.
MB needs to find a spot for Pateryn who deserves to play.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Andrighetto deserves a spot when the whole team is healthy. Thomas hasn't shown enough and he isn't what we need on the 4th line. I'm hoping that Kassian recovers from his issues and that he can fill a role on the 3rd or 4th line even if its unlikely.

It seems that Gallagher is very important to success of the Pacioretty and Plekanec line and is very deserving of his A.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Looking forward to seeing this team get healthy.
The one youngster who may have cemented a spot is Andrighetto. Thomas also has done well. Carr needs a couple of more games.
MB needs to find a spot for Pateryn who deserves to play.

Agree on every point. Pateryn will be a key player in the playoffs when Markov inevitably slows down. Andrighetto has taken a leap forward since last year and is showing more confidence with the puck, instead of simply rushing full-speed without looking or thinking.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Andrighetto was great last year as well... At least up until he got demoted to the 4th line after putting up 3 points in his first 3 NHL games.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
will be good to get Mitchell back if he's back this week, wonder who goes down Carr or Thomas? Unless DSP injury is worse, haven't heard anything. So far Semin is on IR so if they put DSP on IR then clearly no one needs to be sent down when Mitchell is back.

No one has said anything, but I have to believe that DSP's injury is chronic (i.e something that isn't fully healed, but he feels he can play through). It just seems weird that he sat out a couple of weeks, played a few games and now is out again. He really hasn't been playing well lately. He's looked slow, so maybe it's a lower body injury that is affecting his speed.

I have to think with this new absence that they give him the time to get healthy especially with the kids playing so well.

Oct 22, 2012
Moot point since he'll be nowhere near returning.

Man, I really hope our fan base is able to suck it up for another five weeks...

I don't see what the problem is really. Our best player/starting goalie is out, and we've got 3 of our AHL players playing with 4th liners littered throughout the lineup.

We've been playing pretty good considering the circumstances. Gameplan hasn't changed, possession numbers are fine, just look at the caps game. That was all Montreal.

I'd say be humble that we have the depth to deal with times like these. Andrighetto is playing himself onto this team if he hasn't already. Has a great two way game with skills to back it up. Thomas worked his butt off last game on the fourth line and Carr looks to come as advertised as well.

Condon hasn't been atrocious either. We are okay. Just breath.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I don't see what the problem is really. Our best player/starting goalie is out, and we've got 3 of our AHL players playing with 4th liners littered throughout the lineup.

We've been playing pretty good considering the circumstances. Gameplan hasn't changed, possession numbers are fine, just look at the caps game. That was all Montreal.

I'd say be humble that we have the depth to deal with times like these. Andrighetto is playing himself onto this team if he hasn't already. Has a great two way game with skills to back it up. Thomas worked his butt off last game on the fourth line and Carr looks to come as advertised as well.

Condon hasn't been atrocious either. We are okay. Just breath.

Things are okay right now. Lost two in a row, but still sitting on top. But if the bad run continues with lower scoring and more losses than wins, the natives will get restless. The usual memes will start anew and it won't be pretty. We've seen this before during normal slumps when everyone's healthy; the odds of an even worse slump are greater now.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I'm a bit lost when it comes to the time frame of the injuries to both Price and Gallagher. Say I want to count down how much time is left before they rejoin the team, provided they come back without healing faster or taking longer to recover, when are they due?

In other words, "are we there yet?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad