DS article: My Favorite Subplot Of Winnipeg-Vegas Is People Trying To Hit Dustin Byfuglien And.....

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

Buff is truly a freak of nature. He's not just an enormous man...he's an enormous man ON ICE SKATES! The basic physics of what he does seems nearly impossible to me. How does a man who probably should have a hard time moving and doing stuff requiring special agility at the best of times manage it on skates? Add on the high skill level of his game and he's just an outrageous package. He must have ankles like tree trunks.

...and I gotta say, for a goon who sounds pretty dumb in his radio commercials with Ralph on 1290...Reaves actually acquits himself well in front of the mics when he's interviewed. He's pretty entertaining and well-spoken.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
...and I gotta say, for a goon who sounds pretty dumb in his radio commercials with Ralph on 1290...Reaves actually acquits himself well in front of the mics when he's interviewed. He's pretty entertaining and well-spoken.
Dat dere Winnipeg education

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
I really like the Tuch one but both are great.

The ending of the article sums it up:
"Don’t try to knock Dustin Byfuglien off his skates. It’s just not gonna happen."

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Buff is truly a freak of nature. He's not just an enormous man...he's an enormous man ON ICE SKATES! The basic physics of what he does seems nearly impossible to me. How does a man who probably should have a hard time moving and doing stuff requiring special agility at the best of times manage it on skates? Add on the high skill level of his game and he's just an outrageous package. He must have ankles like tree trunks.

I'm so glad we have Buff on our team. I think a lot of people really underestimate his value to the Jets. I know he makes some mistakes (and yes, a few are glaring mistakes) but he brings so much more to the game that any faults he does have are vastly outweighed by the intangibles he does bring. The fact he also logs so much ice time accounts for the fact that his mistakes will be noticed more than other players. I sure wouldn't want to see him traded to another team.

:jets

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Really glad that we lucked our way into a long term deal with Buff. Imagine if Ladd had accepted Chevy's offer and we were Buffless now. And worse, we would have an overpaid and underperforming Ladd and still be Buffless. Whew, dodged a bullet with that one. Hey sometimes you have to be lucky to be good.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm so glad we have Buff on our team. I think a lot of people really underestimate his value to the Jets. I know he makes some mistakes (and yes, a few are glaring mistakes) but he brings so much more to the game that any faults he does have are vastly outweighed by the intangibles he does bring. The fact he also logs so much ice time accounts for the fact that his mistakes will be noticed more than other players. I sure wouldn't want to see him traded to another team.

:jets

Its easier to appreciate Buff this year because he has played better D. Should have been in the Norris consideration. But, even in past years when there were more defensive lapses, his total value to the team is huge. We know that for about 41% of every game we will have the biggest strongest cat in the jungle on our side.

I think it is much better having his physicality on the ice than it is having the best hockey fighter in the world sitting on our bench.

Then there is his skating. He doesn't skate well 'for his size'. He just skates very well.

I could go on, but I will just agree with your final statement. Don't want him traded. Not for a while yet.

Reactions: DowntownBooster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad