Confirmed with Link: DRW Trades for Marc Staal

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
That is kinda why I feel so indifrerent. Leadership can be shown in the locker room, it doesn't need to be public facing at this point. I don't think a last place team is really hurting without a captain.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I also think he's trying to insulate Larkin from criticism. The captain is the face of the franchise and the player tasked with answering the medias questions after a loss. Larkin still largely fills this role but more of the blame and pressure to turn the team around would rest on his shoulders as the captain. Yzerman knows that we're going to be terrible and remembers being a young captain during losing seasons.

And that pressure is only increased in the era of social media. At this point, I honestly wouldn’t be upset going another season without a captain

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Which brings up another thing, can we just announce Larks as the new captain already? Damn
That was actually my point.... maybe he's planning on trading Larkin eventually. He's got the type of game that doesn't age well.

I'm not sure I see Seider or Raymond as captain either, but Captain Power.... that's got a hell of a ring to it. So Owen Power with the 2021 lottery pick.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

The expectation is that Larkin is going to be named captain between now and the start of the upcoming season. The poster was asking for the announcement to be made sooner rather than later, likely for a bit of intrigue, excitement, and something to talk about.

You’ve historically been skeptical about Larkin being good enough, or mature enough, or qualified enough, or the right fit for the role of captain. I addressed the low hanging fruit. Unless of course you were more confused why someone would want the announcement to be made.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
The expectation is that Larkin is going to be named captain between now and the start of the upcoming season. The poster was asking for the announcement to be made sooner rather than later, likely for a bit of intrigue, excitement, and something to talk about.

You’ve historically been skeptical about Larkin being good enough, or mature enough, or qualified enough, or the right fit for the role of captain. I addressed the low hanging fruit. Unless of course you were more confused why someone would want the announcement to be made.

Your first paragraph is correct, hah. I think it’s long overdue but maybe now isn’t the time to make an announcement due to a season that may not happen. I believe yzerman said a captain would be announced this year from what I remember, unless they’re waiting for Hanks contract to expire next season

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

And what has changed? His one decent season two years ago? (Are you happy you just baited me into this bs again?)

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
And what has changed? His one decent season two years ago? (Are you happy you just baited me into this bs again?)

Oh I didn’t bait you into anything. I just made a statement.

Nothing has changed. He was positioned to be the next captain before this past season started, and it’s closer to happening now that Yzerman has suggested he’s prepared to name one before this upcoming season.

There’s really not even an argument that can be made; we are just dealing with reality, and you want so bad for it to not be true.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Oh I didn’t bait you into anything. I just made a statement.

Nothing has changed. He was positioned to be the next captain before this past season started, and it’s closer to happening now that Yzerman has suggested he’s prepared to name one before this upcoming season.

There’s really not even an argument that can be made; we are just dealing with reality, and you want so bad for it to not be true.
What reality? That he is not the captain? And you know what I want? Ok bud...

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
What reality? That he is not the captain? And you know what I want? Ok bud...

You try to have yourself a good day. I won't be able to entertain you because literally anything is better than trying to have something that resembles a valuable conversation with you on this topic.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
You try to have yourself a good day. I won't be able to entertain you because literally anything is better than trying to have something that resembles a valuable conversation with you on this topic.
You quoted me at 6am telling me what I want? Stop quoting me first thing in the morning? If you don't like my answer? Lol?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
You quoted me at 6am telling me what I want? Stop quoting me first thing in the morning? If you don't like my answer? Lol?

Not that this post is worth a second of my time, but quoting you at 6am means nothing? Some people have jobs that they need to wake up for? I don't know if you do, but 6am is just me browsing the internet while sipping a cup of coffee. Just happens to be the first time I see your response.

Don't pretend like you're special or that you are getting unique treatments. Your post history is pretty telling whenever the name Larkin gets brought up as the next captain. I don't need to tell you what you want, because you've publicly hinted at it for over a year. You're not as slick as you think you are.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Not that this post is worth a second of my time, but quoting you at 6am means nothing? Some people have jobs that they need to wake up for? I don't know if you do, but 6am is just me browsing the internet while sipping a cup of coffee. Just happens to be the first time I see your response.

Don't pretend like you're special or that you are getting unique treatments. Your post history is pretty telling whenever the name Larkin gets brought up as the next captain. I don't need to tell you what you want, because you've publicly hinted at it for over a year. You're not as slick as you think you are.
What else do you know about me? LMAO!!!And trash talking @6am means what you are doing at that time isn't that important....

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
My post had nothing to do with the Larkin being a captain situation, it was just your response thinking a poster is eager to respond to your messages at 6 am.
Since you are his lawyer what do you call quoting someone that wasn't even talking to you @6am?

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Would kind of rather have Mullet Merill if we're bringing the band back... But neither are great options.

Reactions: 14ari13

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Considering the only for sure NHL Dmen on the team next season are Hronek, Dekeyser, Stecher (assuming the Wings protect him), and likely Seider, I'd be ok with a short term deal.

I never thought I'd be saying that but here we are. He played well last season.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Even though he lacks the footspeed to play at a high level, Staal was amazing for us and his compete level, IMO, was one of the big factors in how much more competitive the team was, towards the end of the year. His IQ and experience would be amazing for Seider to play alongside with, or just have in the locker room/on the bench. Would even love to maybe get Gelinas (Seider's D-partner from Rogle) on a decent deal. He would be better than Biega/Djoos and help insulate Cholowski and give some depth if DDK regresses even more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->