DRW: Summer 2019 Prospect Ranking #9

Who is our number 9 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Winning by a landslide in our eighth edition is....

x-default-11b0be401e9792c6.jpg

Evgeny Svechnikov! Let’s hope this is his breakout year...

Who is our 9th best prospect though? I think this is where it really blows wide open...

Added Smith.

1. Filip Zadina - 74.1%
2. Moritz Seider - 64.1%
3. Joe Veleno - 93.1%
4. Jared McIsaac - 62.4%
5. Taro Hirose - 39.6%
6. Jonatan Berggren - 50.5%
7. Filip Larsson - 66%
8. Evgeny Svechnikov - 70.8%

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Went with Johansson based on scouting reports. It sounds like he has a skill set and upside that could really translate to a top 4 player.

Add Saarijarvi.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Went with Gustav Lindstrom. I don't have any reason to think that Tuomisto, Johansson or Kivenmaki are better prospects than Lindstrom and he's further along. I'm hoping he comes to Grand Rapids soon.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
We are officially at the point where I don’t think there’s a safe NHLer to pick. Going to have to pick based on upside. Think Johansson has a dynamic aspect to his game from what I’ve been able to scour the internet for. Mastrosimone also feels like he has the chance to be a real steal at his draft position because he is a pretty damn good player at this stage, but will need the skating to catch up.

I think Mastrosimone will get my vote for this one, but it’s not a super confident vote. We are definitely moving to the world of the relatively unknown.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Now it’s officially interesting. Was between Johansson and Mastrosimone for me, but apparently Detroit actually had Johansson ranked higher and the way they talk about his skating and tools is exciting.

Add Ethan Phillips

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Now it’s officially interesting. Was between Johansson and Mastrosimone for me, but apparently Detroit actually had Johansson ranked higher and the way they talk about his skating and tools is exciting.

Add Ethan Phillips

I feel like Mastrosimone might be the more polished hockey player at this stage, but Johansson has the more dynamic tools. It was a tough call.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
It’s close between Mastrosimone and Regula for me. I’ll go Mastrosimone

Add Barton

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I take Mastro over Svech at this point so easily him.

Christien

May 1, 2010
I'm real big on Mastrosimone and Johansson, so it's close. Going with Mastrosimone this time. Boston University is going to be sick next season.

Add Seth Barton

Reactions: VelenoLikeAFeleno

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Albin Grewe's tape impressed me the most. He looked like a player way above his draft position.

he also seems to be very competitive, a trait that's hard to quantify but can really push a player forward. Even if he's not the most skilled guy around, he can carve out a career by being relentless. Mix some skill into that pot and you begin to have a pretty dangerous player.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Went with Lindstrom based on how the team has talked about him the past year or so. Havent seen much of him actually playing in a while but hes always mentioned by the team as a top prospect nowadays. Hes handled big minutes on a SHL championship hockey team which is a bigger accomplishment than anyone else on this list

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
I’m picking Lindstrom here, played top pairing in the SHL during the season as a 20yr old. Very excited to see what he does next year in GR.

Add Phillips

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Going Lindström again, sticking to my guts here. His knee injury is of concern, especially for a guy whom needs to improve his skating. His stats don't look very impressive in SHL but despite not contributing a lot offensively there were quite a few games where he was the best defenseman on his team, very sound defensively, has a great first pass, strong infront of the net and along the boards.

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
Lindstrom is the only one on the list playing in a Men's league. Add Barton.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Lindstrom

Video of him is very limited but he was drafted high and the team is always talking very highly of him.
...if he doesn't win this one I still might decide to pick someone else next round as it's such a toss up at this point

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Lindstrom was the easy choice for me, just for my own opinion that I think he'll be lacing them up for the Wings in the near future, while the other guys aren't as much of a guarantee as I feel he is, with maybe the exception of Grewe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->