• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
The winner of the 20th edition of this summer's poll goes to:

KotkansaloWeb1.jpg

Kasper Kotkansalo!!!

Do we want to keep going to 25, or should this be our last entry for our prospect entries?

----------------------------

1. Filip Zadina - 74.1%
2. Moritz Seider - 64.1%
3. Joe Veleno - 93.1%
4. Jared McIsaac - 62.4%
5. Taro Hirose - 39.6%
6. Jonatan Berggren - 50.5%
7. Filip Larsson - 66%
8. Evgeny Svechnikov - 70.8%
9. Gustav Lindstrom - 39.8%
10. Albert Johansson - 25.3%
11. Robert Mastrosimone - 30.7%
12. Antti Tuomisto - 28.2%
13. Oliwer Kaski - 33.7%
14. Albin Grewe - 39.5% (51.8%)
15. Otto Kivenmaki - 39.5% (48.2%)
16. Alec Regula - 43.5%
17. Ethan Phillips - 32.3%
18. Jesper Eliasson - 27.1%
19. Kasper Kotkansalo - 24.5%

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I think going to 25 is a good idea. There are still a couple of players that I feel could make it as replacement level so it makes sense to continue.

My vote this round was for Pearson. I think he's going to be our next 4C and I think he may have enough offense to get by as a 3C in a pinch.

A Few Good Males

Apr 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
Holy crap how is Hicketts not an option? How has he not already gone?
I swear it was just last year I was trying to convince people that he was not ready to be an NHL all-star, and now he's completely forgotten? Such drastic swings in opinion in such short time
Well.. Kaski, Tuomisto, Seider, Johansson and Bowey all entered the system in the past 12 months and are more highly regarded than Hicketts. Throw in Cholowski and Hronek and he’s a long way down the prospect depth chart. I want to see Joe succeed as much as anyone, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to perceive him as having dropped in our prospect rankings.

I agree that it’s odd he isn’t even a voting option here, however.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Add Gustav Berglund

Hurt during his draft year, set to have a breakout season.

Last edited:

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Mark it, Barton will be in our top 10 next season. He's going to super impress this season. As a Freshman he moved up to the first line on a stacked team.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Went Turgeon. I think Hicketts has to be added here.

Doubt Turgeon is more than an AHL level 2-way forward. Best case scenario he could be promoted to 4th line grinder, however, given the number of guys ahead of him (DLR/Ehn/Helm/Abbie/Glendening) is unlikely.

His NHL callups were only because coaching staff wanted the most defensively responsible forward from the AHL.

What is your perception of his ceiling and career trajectory?

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Doubt Turgeon is more than an AHL level 2-way forward. Best case scenario he could be promoted to 4th line grinder, however, given the number of guys ahead of him (DLR/Ehn/Helm/Abbie/Glendening) is unlikely.

His NHL callups were only because coaching staff wanted the most defensively responsible forward from the AHL.

What is your perception of his ceiling and career trajectory?

I think he could be a reliable 4th line guy that won't be too much of a liability . I have seen a lot of him in the AHL and prefer him over Ehn. Really at this stage of the polls I do not see much more then then 4th line or fringe NHLers like him. So went with who I believe is the best player at the moment

Reactions: Mlotek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad