DRW: Summer 2019 Prospect Ranking #18

Who is our number 18 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Our 17th ranked prospect is none other than...

PhillipsE.jpg

Ethan Phillips!

Added Kirill Tyutyayev

----------------------

1. Filip Zadina - 74.1%
2. Moritz Seider - 64.1%
3. Joe Veleno - 93.1%
4. Jared McIsaac - 62.4%
5. Taro Hirose - 39.6%
6. Jonatan Berggren - 50.5%
7. Filip Larsson - 66%
8. Evgeny Svechnikov - 70.8%
9. Gustav Lindstrom - 39.8%
10. Albert Johansson - 25.3%
11. Robert Mastrosimone - 30.7%
12. Antti Tuomisto - 28.2%
13. Oliwer Kaski - 33.7%
14. Albin Grewe - 39.5% (51.8%)
15. Otto Kivenmaki - 39.5% (48.2%)
16. Alec Regula - 43.5%
17. Ethan Phillips - 32.3%

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Seth Barton, easily for me. Last guy I feel has an NHL chance.

Seth Barton, UMass Lowell (NCAA): If you’re looking for an off-the-radar prospect to break through, look no further than Barton, a third-rounder in 2018 who transitioned immediately into a big role for UMass Lowell as a true freshman this season. At 6-feet-2 he has size, a high IQ and improving skating. He was a relative unknown out of the draft, but put him squarely on the radar going forward.​
And some really nice words from Martin:
“He’s a good player,” Martin said. “Smart player. Moves well, decent size — a little bit of a lanky build — he’s gotta add some strength for sure, but when I went in to see him play early in the year at Miami, I met with the coach (and) the coach had basically thrust him right into almost first-pair minutes and power-play time. He got a lot of responsibility early. … I think he’s played some good minutes there. … We like his hockey sense and his mobility. He’s a good prospect.”​

Reactions: Retire91

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Eliasson

he's a pretty good goalie prospect,not on the level of a Larsson but definitely good enough to go here

the rest I see as either extreme longshots or longshots that also have low upside

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Man, it’s sad to see Saarijarvi on this list. I really liked him as a prospect, for a lot of the same reasons as I liked Hronek as a prospect. Would be nice if he could surprise us and at least put up some numbers in GR next year.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Turgeon far to have highest potential but this year supposed to be big for him to make Red Wings 4 line great PK so I voted for him.
Future is The most skilled forward in this group also we have couple potential good goalies

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'm going Smith only because of how Draper talked about him last year in prospects camp. I think he'll be an NHLer, might not be anything other than a 4th liner but I think he'll get a chance to play. At 18th prospect, thats worth voting for.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Seth Barton, easily for me. Last guy I feel has an NHL chance.

Givani Smith definitely has a chance.
Kotkansalo constantly impresses me more than Lindstrom, who ranks way higher.
I think guys like Soderblom and Tyutyayev are longshots, but longshots with pretty interesting upside.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Smith, Kontkansalo, Pearson and Turgeon all have a ton of NHL traits and should get cups of coffee at least at some point. Turgeon already has. I like the first three more long term. Of the guys left on the board I think Barton has the highest ceiling.

I went with Pearson when balancing all that, but I think those four guys while not as fascinating to our fan base have better odds than some of the guys going above them of actually playing a couple hundred NHL games.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I went with the Swede goalie. I think some other guys are more likely to make it, but I think Eliasson has the best ceiling and I'm willing to roll the dice on goalies in the teens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad