DRW: Summer 2019 Prospect Ranking #16

Who is our number 16 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Sorry about the delay, I was on vacation.

The winners of the 14th and 15th spots on our ranking are:

Albin Grewe, the winner of the tiebreaker!

ef15026b-6faa-4964-b4ef-18d7fd77f4e1-grewe.jpg

And

cut.jpg

Added Setkov and Turgeon.

1. Filip Zadina - 74.1%
2. Moritz Seider - 64.1%
3. Joe Veleno - 93.1%
4. Jared McIsaac - 62.4%
5. Taro Hirose - 39.6%
6. Jonatan Berggren - 50.5%
7. Filip Larsson - 66%
8. Evgeny Svechnikov - 70.8%
9. Gustav Lindstrom - 39.8%
10. Albert Johansson - 25.3%
11. Robert Mastrosimone - 30.7%
12. Antti Tuomisto - 28.2%
13. Oliwer Kaski - 33.7%
14. Albin Grewe - 39.5% (51.8%)
15. Otto Kivenmaki - 39.5% (48.2%)

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I think Eliasson deserves to be ranked around here, he has a great opportunity to take a big step this coming season in the Allsvenskan.

Add Söderblom

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'm leaning Regula in this one, but it's a tough decision. I was torn between him, Phillips, and Kotkansalo in this one. Phillips has the potential to fly up the rankings if he is able to establish himself pretty well at BU in the coming years, but I just don't have enough info to feel as comfortable as I do with the other two. Kotkansalo missed out because he just hasn't demonstrated the ability of being much more than a defensive defenseman, which isn't a bad thing, but I would rather bet on upside.

Regula seems like he has the build and the tools to develop into a very solid defenseman; I think we will know a lot more about his projection this year with both Bouchard and Boqvist looking ready to make the jump to the next level. Betting on his upside being dampened playing behind those two, but the same way Phillips could shoot up, I think Regula can move up or down in a big way.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Philips, could be the still of the draft. I can see him become someone like Zetterberg

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Philips, could be the still of the draft. I can see him become someone like Zetterberg
Care to elaborate on this opinion?

Stats do not look particularly impressive for the USHL and video is very limited. A lot of people seem to really like him, and I'd like to see why

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Regula, Barton, and Phillips are the only three left where I think they have a chance to play at least one NHL game. Regula and Barton I am almost certain will be NHL regulars. They may not be world beaters, but bottom pairing I could see.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Care to elaborate on this opinion?

Stats do not look particularly impressive for the USHL and video is very limited. A lot of people seem to really like him, and I'd like to see why

Phillips was easily one of our best skaters in the 3-on-3 tournament. Wasn't as effective in the 5 on 5 tournament.
Still, he was impressive. I thought he looked better than Mastrisimone, Grewe and some higher picks who played.

Reactions: lilidk

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Phillips was easily one of our best skaters in the 3-on-3 tournament. Wasn't as effective in the 5 on 5 tournament.
Still, he was impressive. I thought he looked better than Mastrisimone, Grewe and some higher picks who played.
I am genuinely curious about him and why people seem to be a bit higher on him than the average 4th round pick right now and would like to find a reason to jump on the bandwagon... but if a 3 on 3 summer intrasquad scrimmage is the reason why people like him, I'm gonna go ahead and stay off that bandwagon

Reactions: newfy

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I am genuinely curious about him and why people seem to be a bit higher on him than the average 4th round pick right now and would like to find a reason to jump on the bandwagon... but if a 3 on 3 summer intrasquad scrimmage is the reason why people like him, I'm gonna go ahead and stay off that bandwagon

I get it. But his game pops. He's got speed and skill.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Philips not NHL ready for at least 2 years, he is not strong enough . Everything else seems like he has plenty hockey IQ, hard work, skills, skating, stamina. It's all depends how he progress

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I went with Regula who I think is a little underrated... But at the same time there's not too many guys above him I like less. I think it's a testament to a quality prospect pool. The top end is good with Zadina, Seider, Veleno and McIsaac-but not amazing due to lack of lottery luck. However because we've had so many picks the depth is really crazy. It seems unlikely that any one of Regula, Phillips, Eliasson, or Kotkansalo becomes an NHL player, but between the 4 of them I bet we get one, and that's a really nice thing to say about your 16th-20th best prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad