DRW: Summer 2019 Prospect Ranking #13

Who is our number 13 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
The winner of the 12th edition of our poll is our first second round pick from the past draft....

bc257160-6cee-5c98-9629-a5818cca0ee5-800x_.jpg

Antti Tuomisto!

Added Vili Saarijarvi

1. Filip Zadina - 74.1%
2. Moritz Seider - 64.1%
3. Joe Veleno - 93.1%
4. Jared McIsaac - 62.4%
5. Taro Hirose - 39.6%
6. Jonatan Berggren - 50.5%
7. Filip Larsson - 66%
8. Evgeny Svechnikov - 70.8%
9. Gustav Lindstrom - 39.8%
10. Albert Johansson - 25.3%
11. Robert Mastrosimone - 30.7%
12. Antti Tuomisto - 28.2%

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Not high on Kaski.
Dude was a year younger and a bit better than Sulak (on the same team).
But he's about to be 24.
And at the end of the day, Sulak wasn't very good, even in the AHL.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Not high on Kaski.
But he's about to be 24.
… and Rafalski didn't play in the NHL until he was 26. From what's left on the list, he's probably the only one who gets 9 games this season. We'll know a lot more about him after this season, he'll probably be on the top of this list or the bottom next year. Boom or bust, I don't think there's much in between.

Reactions: Mlotek

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Kaski is more established, but I think Kivenmaki has a better trajectory.

Tough call with these two, I can see the argument either way.

Add - Chase Pearson

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Kotkansalo. I'm telling you, we are sleeping on him. Are we not calling Turgeon a prospect? he is better then Smith will probably ever be. I just saw nothing from him in GR. he was a little better then Sadowy who was useless

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Kaski.

Kivinmaki is now 5'8", 154 lbs. as he "bulked up" 17 lbs this past season. Even if he adds another 20 lbs., he's still a smurf. Johnny Hockey is an exception, not the norm, but for a 7th rd. pick Otto was ok.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Kaski.

Kivinmaki is now 5'8", 154 lbs. as he "bulked up" 17 lbs this past season. Even if he adds another 20 lbs., he's still a smurf. Johnny Hockey is an exception, not the norm, but for a 7th rd. pick Otto was ok.

Eh, I think we are seeing times change where smaller players have a place in the game. Quinn and Jack Hughes got all the love. Cole Caufield got love. Gaudreau has done well for himself, DeBrincat, Sheary, Spurgeon, Atkinson, Marchessault, Zuccarello. A lot of undersized players have carved out a career, and more undersized players should and will be getting a chance to do so.

Kivenmaki still has a ways to go, but at 19 and approaching the 160 point, I think he can still work his way up to 170. Still a lot of physical maturing yet to happen, but I can understand why there is fear in projecting him over other players. Sometimes there are just players whose skill shines above the rest, and at this point I think Kivenmaki has that “it” factor. Hopefully it outplays the size concern.

Reactions: Filppula

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
ive wondered if wings drafted kivenmaki with the outlook he might become a very good ahler , and improving griffs is good for the red wings as its better for wing prospects to develop in a winning culture from day 1

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Not high on Kaski.
But he's about to be 24.
I don't know how you can compare them. One is strong and low hockey IQ , other don't play physical , not good for defenseman, but highly skilled.
I don't vote for anybody older than 20 here. I believe Philips and Mastrosimone both have higher potential than Hirose for example. But Hirose is better than both of them at this point, so I don't understand how we can compare all those kids.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Kotkansalo. I'm telling you, we are sleeping on him. Are we not calling Turgeon a prospect? he is better then Smith will probably ever be. I just saw nothing from him in GR. he was a little better then Sadowy who was useless

I like Kasper a good deal despite him having a less-than-impressive showing at B.U. (to be fair, the entire team is in that category). I could see him being a highly dependable bottom pair guy that does all the right things on the ice.

That being said, I still went with T. Rex based on my assumption he has more potential to be a true impact player. The dude is a demon on skates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad