DRW: Summer 2019 Prospect Ranking #10

Who is our number 10 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
The winner of the ninth poll determining who our best prospect is is none other than....

gustav_lindstrom_almtuna_is-1x.jpg

Gustav Lindstrom!

Added Barton.

1. Filip Zadina - 74.1%
2. Moritz Seider - 64.1%
3. Joe Veleno - 93.1%
4. Jared McIsaac - 62.4%
5. Taro Hirose - 39.6%
6. Jonatan Berggren - 50.5%
7. Filip Larsson - 66%
8. Evgeny Svechnikov - 70.8%
9. Gustav Lindstrom - 39.8%

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Mastrosimone, Phillips and Johansson are 3 guys I think really highly of so far. More so than a few guys voted in already.

I'll vote Mastrosimone here as I think being a heady, tenacious forward comes with a higher floor than Johanssons player type.

Tuomisto is interesting. I dont think he's an impact player, but developing a guy into a #4 off the bat, you can end up with a hell of a dependable long term #4.

But upside and gamesmanship puts the 3 little guys ahead for me.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
I like Regula, Johansson, Mastro, and Grewe a lot and think at least one can find their way into being a good NHL player. Voted Johansson for upside but we’re at the point where there is legitimate argument for 5-6 players.

Add is the Russian kid or Ethan Phillips.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I went with T. Rex over Johansson just because I feel his playing style sets him up to be more of an impact player . If he can channel his aggression in a positive way I could see him tilting the balance in a game.

It's really a tough choice from here with guys like Phillips, Regula (who I'm still high on), Kasper, Mastro, Otto K., and I'm not ready to bury Setkov yet. If nothing else, there may be an affluence of trade bait in the system.

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
A little surprised kaski hasn’t been brought up more, guy won the liiga mvp. I get it’s a different league on big ice and he seemed to have had a breakout yr so I get that as well.

Makes me feel pretty good about our prospect pool at least. I do like the potential more for some of the guys remaining.

Oct 18, 2006
Kaski. The guy won MVP in a good pro league. He might not translate, but at this point in the rankings, I see the potential upside, and think he should get the vote.
Agreed, think he’s being underrated. Boom or bust but through potential alone he’s got my vote.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Kaski. The guy won MVP in a good pro league. He might not translate, but at this point in the rankings, I see the potential upside, and think he should get the vote.
Yes, I too voted for the winner of the Ville Leino (not the actual name of trophy).

But odds are he will spend the entire season in AHL like I. Filppula, who was the playoff winner of the Ville Leino.

Leino was the Finnish MVP year before signing with Detroit if memory serves correct.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I like Regula, Johansson, Mastro, and Grewe a lot and think at least one can find their way into being a good NHL player. Voted Johansson for upside but we’re at the point where there is legitimate argument for 5-6 players.

Add is the Russian kid or Ethan Phillips.
It's all depends on their progress . I am very high on Phillips for his skating and 200 foot game.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
A little surprised kaski hasn’t been brought up more, guy won the liiga mvp. I get it’s a different league on big ice and he seemed to have had a breakout yr so I get that as well.

Makes me feel pretty good about our prospect pool at least. I do like the potential more for some of the guys remaining.
Meh, he'll be 24 when the season starts and Sulak just flamed out immediately after a strong Liiga season, granted it wasn't as good of a season as Kaski's.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Meh, he'll be 24 when the season starts and Sulak just flamed out immediately after a strong Liiga season, granted it wasn't as good of a season as Kaski's.

Still big differencies between the guys.

Sulak was even older when he came, and has been disaster defensively at every level. Kaski also has great special ability to score goals as a defenceman.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
It's easy to draw parallels between Kaski and Sulak, and I'm happy to see people don't have ridiculous expectations for the undrafted guy.... but we are talking about our #10 prospect. He's a long shot, but so is everyone else. Give me the guy that has had success in a Men's league and played in the World's at this point

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I will have a hard time picking Kaski probably over the next 4 slots, including this one.

Success in a men's league is great, but I see his upside being less offensive impact than that of Mike Green, with more defensive problems than Mike Green. That's not a player I don't place a lot of value in. partner that with the fact that he has to come and translate his game to North American ice, and do so quickly so his career doesn't fizzle out. I haven't given much thought to him at all, but without giving any thought to it, I would take Mastrosimone, Johansson, Grewe, and Kivenmaki above him.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Still big differencies between the guys.

Sulak was even older when he came, and has been disaster defensively at every level. Kaski also has great special ability to score goals as a defenceman.
Sulak was under 6 months older at the time of debut, March 25th birthday compared to September 4th birthday

I think Kaski's definitely a better prospect but I understand why people don't have him top 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad