Confirmed with Link: Drury President and GM

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
This made me laugh.

giphy.gif

Hi guys! I'm Chris for those of you that don't know me, and I'm SUPER DUPER EXCITED for the future!

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
The one thing I still can't figure in any way is why Quinn survived the maelstrom. Dolan's comment that Drury has a 'unique' take on Quinn adds to the confusion and makes me wonder if Drury sees Quinn as a part of the solution--ie. is the clock really ticking on Quinn?

Obviously, I've made my feelings known about the coach and wanted him gone yesterday, but regardless, what's to made of Quinn sticking around? Is it just a matter of Drury expecting Hartford to make a run and not wanting to pull Knobloch out of there for the playoff push? But then, they still gutted the roster yesterday. I just don't get it.
dude Quinn is SO fired, he's done. Any day now. Any hour. Clock is ticking on Quinn.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Larry is an opportunist who will just easily write a piece six months from now contradicting an earlier piece.

That’s how he survives. But making people want to kill him and read him at the same time.
In other words, he's a Hack's hack.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I have nothing against Chris Drury as a person (as a player, he stunk for NYR and underachieved.) But is it just me or does this guy have the personality of a rock? Makes me fall asleep when he talks.
I want a cold-blooded emotionless GM. He can be as boring as he wants as long as he doesn't make emotional trades

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Hey if it turns into WINS for the RANGERS its all good with me, I just won't watch his interviews lol. I actualy enjoyed John Davidson and Jeff Gortons interviews
I mean I don't think Gorts was the most charismatic guy. He just said "umm" and struggled with his GERD a lot

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I have nothing against Chris Drury as a person (as a player, he stunk for NYR and underachieved.) But is it just me or does this guy have the personality of a rock? Makes me fall asleep when he talks.

Yes, but so do most players and GMs. He has more personality than though.

Also, they kind of need to have no personality. Look at Dave Gettleman for the Giants. His quirkiness and personality has made many people mock him and hate him.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
This is a complete whitewash. A terribly conceived excuse to justify such a rash and impetuous action. That's all it is. And it doesn't even make the slightest sense. This season didn't hang on two games. Even if we won both Isle games, we still had an uphill climb that did not favor us at all. It's total bull. And since when does management put their foot down in such a rebuilding situation. What, were we favored to win the Cup this year? Oh, no wonder the GM and Pres got canned. It's totally absurd. By all accounts, this season was a successful step forward. Had there been wildcards this year, we would have still have been in the running for a playoff spot. With COVID and all that curtails, there were no exceptions made? Being how difficult it was to navigate an NHL team through it? It's nothing but a crock coming from a long time Dolan puppet in Slats,... who after his disastrous run as GM, is still around to shine his shoes.

This whitewash to deceive the loyal Rangers fan base,.. is even more egregious than the firings themselves.
If the rangers won their last 5 games they'd be ahead of the isles. Instead they were outscored 21-5.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Everything about this sucks to high heaven. I don't see any upside at all. For anyone to think Drury can replace two great hockey minds, and assume the position of both GM and President is a ridiculous notion. He would have had very big shoes to fill in just one position. But both positions,... in which he has no experience?

Secondly, these press blurts that these firings had anything to do with on ice performances, whether we are too soft or underachieved this season, is an insult to our intelligence.

Need I remind everyone the time line of events here? A scathing rebuke letter to NHL brass, and then, less than 24 hours later, the top two people who run and make all the decisions in this organization get unceremoniously canned. Nuff said.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Possible candidates to join Drury's front office.

Daniel Briere. He has been running the Maine Mariners. The Rangers have an association with them. Briere was Drury's former teammate in Buffalo.

Steve Greeley. He worked for the Rangers in 2015-16 and 2016-17. Assistant director of player personnel. Greeley left the Rangers to become the Sabres AGM for three years. He was fired last May. Greeley is another BU guy. He scouted for the LA Kings.

Mike Futa. He has no association with Drury. Futa worked for the Kings in various roles under Dean Lombardi when they became a championship team. Futa has a good reputation. Rob Blake promoted him to AGM. The Kings didn't renew his contract last spring. Futa did some work for Sportsnet. His name was mentioned for a possible position with the Canucks earlier this season.

The Kings had all of those young players and they turned them into Richards and Carter. The Kings won two Cups in three years. The Rangers are looking to make similar moves. The Rangers were making these moves eventually even if Gorton was still the GM.

Anyone else?

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Everything about this sucks to high heaven. I don't see any upside at all. For anyone to think Drury can replace two great hockey minds, and assume the position of both GM and President is a ridiculous notion. He would have had very big shoes to fill in just one position. But both positions,... in which he has no experience?

Secondly, these press blurts that these firings had anything to do with on ice performances, whether we are too soft or underachieved this season, is an insult to our intelligence.

Need I remind everyone the time line of events. A scathing rebuke letter to NHL brass, and then, less than 24 hours later, the top two people who run and make all the decisions in this organization get unceremoniously canned. Nuff said.
I am pretty sure Glenn Sather was slowing smoke up Dolans ass this whole time because he's jealous of the job JD and Gorton did and got them fired, like Grima Wormtung from Lord of the Rings.

Reactions: failure and ohbaby

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018

Need I remind everyone the time line of events. A scathing rebuke letter to NHL brass, and then, less than 24 hours later, the top two people who run and make all the decisions in this organization get unceremoniously canned. Nuff said.
Both of those guys were more experienced but Chris been around for a while too.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hey if it turns into WINS for the RANGERS its all good with me, I just won't watch his interviews lol. I actualy enjoyed John Davidson and Jeff Gortons interviews

John Davidson yes, but what did you enjoy about Gortons' interviews? He had no more personality and sounded like a High School kid who never had to do public speaking in his life during very press conference.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
eh but then what, get swept in the first round? This team isn't playoff ready, exactly.
Yeah but you want your younger players to get some playoff experience so they're ready for when they are playoff ready. Imagine if the team made a move at the deadline. Would it have been worth moving a first to make the playoffs? Obviously yes if we knocked the isles out

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I am pretty sure Glenn Sather was slowing smoke up Dolans ass this whole time because he's jealous of the job JD and Gorton did and got them fired, like Grima Wormtung from Lord of the Rings.
Dolan is an impetuous fool. Born with a golden spoon in his mouth. He doesn't need any birdies whispering in his ear to make rash and stupid decisions. Just look at his history....

>>> In 2007, NBA Commissioner David Stern criticized Dolan's management of the Knicks, saying "they're not a model of intelligent management.

>>> After the 2004–05 season, the Knicks signed head coach Larry Brown to a 5-year, $50 million contract. After just one (losing) season, Brown was fired and the team bought-out Brown's contract for $18 million. Brown walked away with a total of $28 million for coaching the Knicks for just one year.

>>> In 2007, Dolan was named as a defendant in a sexual harassment lawsuit submitted by a former Knicks executive, Anucha Browne-Sanders. Browne-Sanders accused Dolan of firing her out of spite after she complained about sexual harassment from Isiah Thomas. The court ruled in favor of Brown-Sanders and Dolan had to pay $3 million of the $11 million settlement. MSG was responsible for paying the remainder of the settlement.

>>> In March 2021, Dolan had a fan removed from a Knicks game at Madison Square Garden for wearing a t-shirt reading, "Ban Dolan"

>>> Dolan instituted media training for all Garden employees who might deal with the press and instituted an ironclad rule against team personnel criticizing others in the organization via the media.[44] Under Dolan's watch MSG implemented controversial media policies limiting access to players,.... and excommunicating writers who write articles critical of the organization. The policies also forbid the MSG Network from being critical of the Knicks and the Rangers, regardless of their performance. Such measures were not standard practice for other NBA teams

James L. Dolan - Wikipedia

These are just a few highlights. There are many more examples of his petty, insecure mismanagement.

Last edited:

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Dolan is an impetuous fool. Born with a golden spoon in his mouth. He doesn't need any birdies whispering in his ear to make rash and stupid decisions. Just look at his history....

>>> In 2007, NBA Commissioner David Stern criticized Dolan's management of the Knicks, saying "they're not a model of intelligent management.

>>> After the 2004–05 season, the Knicks signed head coach Larry Brown to a 5-year, $50 million contract. After just one (losing) season, Brown was fired and the team bought-out Brown's contract for $18 million. Brown walked away with a total of $28 million for coaching the Knicks for just one year.

>>> In 2007, Dolan was named as a defendant in a sexual harassment lawsuit submitted by a former Knicks executive, Anucha Browne-Sanders. Browne-Sanders accused Dolan of firing her out of spite after she complained about sexual harassment from Isiah Thomas. The court ruled in favor of Brown-Sanders and Dolan had to pay $3 million of the $11 million settlement. MSG was responsible for paying the remainder of the settlement.

>>> In March 2021, Dolan had a fan removed from a Knicks game at Madison Square Garden for wearing a t-shirt reading, "Ban Dolan"

>>> Dolan instituted media training for all Garden employees who might deal with the press and instituted an ironclad rule against team personnel criticizing others in the organization via the media.[44] Under Dolan's watch MSG implemented controversial media policies limiting access to players,.... and excommunicating writers who write articles critical of the organization. The policies also forbid the MSG Network from being critical of the Knicks and the Rangers, regardless of their performance. Such measures were not standard practice for other NBA teams

These are just a few highlights. There are many more examples of his petty, insecure mismanagement.
Hahah I'm 34 years old dude I lived through all of that, I know, trust me.

Reactions: ohbaby

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia

If this is true how does Larry get access?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->