Drury picks an Assistant General Manager. Who's it going to be?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I read that article. Eric Duhatschek believes the Rangers should hire Weekes to be the team president. Why would Drury accept that after Dolan gave him both jobs? He wrote the Rangers should split the president and GM duties. Does this organization need more turmoil?

I don't like Weekes. He has a sketchy background.

This story from many years ago. The Canucks believe Weekes faked a knee injury. Weekes made up a story about being robbed because he was late for a game.

The story was wild.

Why Kevin Weekes was traded by the Canucks | Vancouver Sun

If I remember correctly, Kevin Weekes also insinuated back in 2005 that the reason fans wanted Lundqvist to start over him was for reasons unrelated to hockey.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I bet its gonna be someone with experience, so I’m thinking someone like Neil Smith :sarcasm: imagine if it is a name from the past that no one thought of . But seriously hoping it is someone like Peter Forsberg who has experience is a winner like Drury and was assistant GM of MODO. This makes more sense than anything right now. Too bad it can’t be Lundqvist, since he is still technically part of the Capitals :help:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If I remember correctly, Kevin Weekes also insinuated back in 2005 that the reason fans wanted Lundqvist to start over him was for reasons unrelated to hockey.

Reasons that Anson Carter would have in common with him? Trying to be as coy as possible, haha.

Reactions: Edge

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I want someone with experience. If there's a connection to Drury's earlier days I'd be guessing that it might be someone from the old Avalance or Sabres front offices.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Early names that have come up include: Trevor Georgie of Saint John in the Q, Scott Nichol from Nashville, Ryan Hardy from Chicago of the USHL and and Rob DiMaio from St. Louis.
Ryan Hardy is a very interesting name

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad