Drury picks an Assistant General Manager. Who's it going to be?

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Honest to god, I would LOVE to see Valle in some sort of high-end front office position. It'd be a shame to loose another great hockey mind to another team. Weekes is another interesting one, another really great hockey mind. They really need to be brought into the management fold.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Whoever it is that comes in, and I assume it won’t be just one person, I sincerely hope one of them has legit FO experience.

While I do trust Drury, with losing JG and JD, that’s decades of experience that was booted out the door.

Futa is interesting. Maybe he’d take a non GM spot just to get back in the mix. He was with LA for 15 years or so.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Peter Forsberg. He was a teammate of Drury and has experience :sarcasm:

Peter Forsberg is a Swedish former professional ice hockey player and was for a time assistant general manager of Modo Hockey. Known for his on-ice ...

Hmm makes sense

Or Henrik Lundqvist a teammate of Drury too :sarcasm:

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Messier was so quick to chime in. Lots of chatter within minutes of the firing about him. He’s never done this before, as much as I like the guy I hope it’s not him.

Love Graves and he seems to have been a part of the organization for years in some sort of role it you never hear of the guy.

Really have no clue where they are going to go with this one

Reactions: Daves a mess

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Messier was so quick to chime in. Lots of chatter within minutes of the firing about him. He’s never done this before, as much as I like the guy I hope it’s not him.

Love Graves and he seems to have been a part of the organization for years in some sort of role it you never hear of the guy.

Really have no clue where they are going to go with this one

He had a radio hit scheduled for that time before the firings were announced to promote a memorabilia business. That's why he chimed in. He was asked to chime in. And he has a big ego. That's why he didn't give fluff answers.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
The Messier hit was already scheduled but he certainly didn’t shy away from kicking dirt/throwing himself out there. Both are true

tbassler

Jul 22, 2009
The Messier hit was already scheduled but he certainly didn’t shy away from kicking dirt/throwing himself out there. Both are true

Messier was a great player in his prime. He was not very good at the end.

He will never get hired for the front office.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Wasn't Greely seen as a hothead and a little full of himself around the league? I remember I think it was in a Friedman 31 thoughts piece.

Maybe Bobrov gets promoted.

Brad Richards could be an option. He was doing some work for the Rangers.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Wasn't Greely seen as a hothead and a little full of himself around the league? I remember I think it was in a Friedman 31 thoughts piece.

Ortmeyer has been in development for a while too. I wonder if he gets a bump.

Regardless, there are multiple spots to fill. Dolan has gone all in with Drury. Drury should ask him for the moon when it comes to hiring staff.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014

is there any history there? i could be wrong but i swear at some point in the last few years they brought him in to help on faceoffs if i remember right. never saw much mentioned of it and don't remember seeing anything about that relationship being ended but given what he said about having been prepared to help for years - it sounds like there was some distance placed. certainly not hard to imagine him inserting himself beyond that role but still - just weird nothing about it at least as far as i'm aware.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Greeley was viewed as ambitious. Greeley spent two years with the Rangers. He accepted the AGM job in Buffalo. Aa soon as Greeley has the Sabres AGM, Greeley is talking to Carolina about their GM job.

That's the opposite of Gorton and Drury. Both of them could have left the Rangers for better opportunities.

Greeley was fired in Buffalo last spring. I couldn't find anything about him working somewhere this season. Maybe Covid played a role there. Buffalo still owed him money. He took it easy this season.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Just finished that article, I can see it, but I’d almost think someone like vally might make more sense.

I read that article. Eric Duhatschek believes the Rangers should hire Weekes to be the team president. Why would Drury accept that after Dolan gave him both jobs? He wrote the Rangers should split the president and GM duties. Does this organization need more turmoil?

I don't like Weekes. He has a sketchy background.

This story from many years ago. The Canucks believe Weekes faked a knee injury. Weekes made up a story about being robbed because he was late for a game.

The story was wild.

Why Kevin Weekes was traded by the Canucks | Vancouver Sun

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Not sure if I bring Lundqvist back for the GM role but I definitely bring him back for any other open position if he takes it. The guy was the heart and soul of the team on top of an amazing human being off the ice.

I can't wait for him to get his # hanging in the rafters. I'll be bawling my eyes out when it happens.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I read that article. Eric Duhatschek believes the Rangers should hire Weekes to be the team president. Why would Drury accept that after Dolan gave him both jobs? He wrote the Rangers should split the president and GM duties. Does this organization need more turmoil?

I don't like Weekes. He has a sketchy background.

This story from many years ago. The Canucks believe Weekes faked a knee injury. Weekes made up a story about being robbed because he was late for a game.

The story was wild.

Why Kevin Weekes was traded by the Canucks | Vancouver Sun

Wow...That’s the first time I ever heard about that story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad