Drozdetsky,Eager,Ruzicka info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clancy

May 15, 2004
South Jersey
I was reading up on Alexander Drozdetsky on the flyers prospect page and im curious to find out some more about him. On draft day 2000 they were most excited about him and were ready to take him in the first round over Justin Williams but ended up drafting him in the 3rd round. Drozdetsky, Ruzicka, and Eager seem to be the only good winger prospects that we have at the moment, can anyone give me some info on these guys?

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Reports I have is that Drozdetsky is very gifted but:

1-His game could suffer in the NHL style of play

2-He goes through hot and cold periods too often

Apart from that, reports I have read from editor/writers at the Flyers section pointed out he might be too thin right now, is sometimes timid on the ice too.

I should point out all this info is second hand. Take it for what it's worth and good luck finding more!

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
From what I do know Droz is gifted and has flashes of brilliance, but then can mysteriously dissapear for long periods at a time. All you need to see are the scoring binges he goes on followed by long absenses from the scoreboard. Consistantsy is the key-word and I'd say high risk, potential high reward...

Soyuz

Dec 8, 2003
Visit site
Drozdetsky is a European style player. He is very fast, a wiz with the puck and not very physical. He did put on some weight this year - I am not sure whether it's good weight or bad, but his production has been solid. His injury late in the regular season is still an indicator that he is still relatively small - he got leveled and bruised a couple of ribs. He is all better though. One of the biggest barriers to his NHL career is the fact that he is liked in Kazan and is getting paid upwards of 300 grand a year. This means he will be hesitant to move on unless he gets a solid deal. But then again, I am not him, so can't say for sure - maybe he has a big NHL dream ;).

FlyersGuy69

Jul 9, 2002
purgatory
Visit site
I also heard that up until his injury this year, that he was more consistant without the peaks and vallie's.

at Flyers camp this year, they said that he put on like 8 or 9lbs of muscle working out McGrossin. he is still only like 185+lbs though. if he can put on some more muscle this year, it will benefit him even more.

I think that the Flyers need this type of player on their team. he's a very skilled player and could have an impact in the NHL but they won't know unless they bring him over.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Eager is a really feisty player who is a TON like Tyson Nash or Sean Avery. Essentially, a great 3rd/4th line agitator upside. I really don't think he'll ever score much in the NHL, but even still, he'd be a very good player for the Flyers I think. In a way, he's Darcy Tucker without the scoring (this isn't to say he's totally listless with the puck, but just that he doesn't possess great offensive skill).

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
BClanc159 said:
how about eager and ruzicka?

Eager's biggest strengths are his size and his skating ability. Those two things along with his willingness to play the body should be enough to eventually get him a 3rd/4th line spot in the NHL.

If his hands ever improve, he could become a 2nd line player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->