Value of: Drouin

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Drouin and Alzner@40% retained for Nino Niederreiter and 3rd round pick 2019 or 2020 maybe?
Why would the Wild want Alzner for 4 more years, at any cost? Even at 40% off, that's 3M sitting on the bench. Nino has his up and downs, but he is good defensively and plays physically, unlike Drouin. MN already have enough smurfs....can't afford more when playing WPG. and then you want to send a draft choice MTL's way?

At some point people have to open their eyes about Drouin, and realize that he will never be the player that was supposed to be. He is also a player that is ill suited to be anything other than a scoring winger...in other words, if he's not scoring then he is a bad player.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No, at least not with Kotkatniemi in our lineup (I think he'll be with us all year).
That's good, then.
Perhaps he'll have a turnaround like Granlund had at around the same age. They have similar skills, with Drouin being faster, I think. Zero character concerns about Granlund, though...has a heart like a lion, and no trace of poutiness.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Not pollute our younger players with his laziness/selfishness.

After last years debacle, management told fans players with poor attitoode would be held accountable, hence exit Chuck, exit captain, have a sit Alzner and Pleks, now why does that punk Drouin get a free get out of jail ? I roughly know why, same reasons the idiot in charge will never actually trade him.
oh please. get over the laziness BS. Its been 2 games, relax

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Talking about a players value when then are not trending well :facepalm:. I'm sure this will be a fair conversation. Just like Price and Weber have negative value and Patch is not worth much cause he can't produce in the playoffs on a team that lacks talent up front.

Reactions: HOPE

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
like Price and Weber have negative value.

They do

Patch is not worth much cause he can't produce in the playoffs on a team that lacks talent up front.

Patch never returned Vilardi/Thomas +1st + young roster player like you said he would so not sure what youre on about.

oh please. get over the laziness BS. Its been 2 games, relax

1 year and two games but I think Ill just quit responding to this

Maatta + pick for Drouin

Thats really interesting.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Dahlen or Gadjovich straight up

Sergachev is a sunk cost. You have to look at the teams greater interest at this point.

Jesus... I don’t know what you do for a living but I sure hope it isn’t in the financial/asset managament industry. You would probably run a 100M funds to the ground within a year.

Kent Nilsson

Jan 31, 2016
Jesus... I don’t know what you do for a living but I sure hope it isn’t in the financial/asset managament industry. You would probably run a 100M funds to the ground within a year.

Marc Bergevin is managing a NHL hockey team, imagine that.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Marc Bergevin is managing a NHL hockey team, imagine that.

The best asset managers I know makes a ton of mistakes, but at least they learn from it and make sure to not repeat these mistakes. Blame Bergevin all you want for the Alzner signing and the Sergachev vs Drouin (I do hold him responsible for these mistakes) but he sure look like someone who looked at the big picture, acknowledged something was wrong and made the necessary adjustments.

So far, all of his moves since the last TDL has been super positive and from all the interviews he did since, he sure look like someone who understand what went wrong and put in the effort to fix the club.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Maybe Tampa/Moosehead fans can chime in, but I always thought Drouin was more suited to RW? I know he's started the season on LW but it seems to me he'd be able to control the game better on his off-wing. I'd like to see him there with some competent linemates before writing him off. His work ethic/attitude needs to be in the right place though.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Maybe Tampa/Moosehead fans can chime in, but I always thought Drouin was more suited to RW? I know he's started the season on LW but it seems to me he'd be able to control the game better on his off-wing. I'd like to see him there with some competent linemates before writing him off. His work ethic/attitude needs to be in the right place though.
He floats a lot, but on Tampa if I remember correctly, he played both sides. There was times when he played on the left when he would get shifts with Kuch, and then on the other side when he was playing away from Kuch (which was the majority). He is massively better suited for a wing position, but Julien's coaching style stifles his style. Drouin needs to be able to roam and generate offense by puck possession. If the team doesn't try to play a puck possession game, then he is lost. I also think him putting on size hurt his game. He is slower and less elusive than he was on Tampa. Although it seems he has broken the habit of having tunnel vision on puck handling and getting rocked for having his head down. His successes on Tampa might be because he wouldn't be playing the best pairings night in and night out due to the depth we have/had, where as in Montreal, he is one of the most talented players (if he is on) on the team.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
He's never been terribly impressive 5 on 5. He played probably a bit more on the RW in Tampa due to positional depth, but he played on the LW on the PP (where he was most effective).

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
He floats a lot, but on Tampa if I remember correctly, he played both sides. There was times when he played on the left when he would get shifts with Kuch, and then on the other side when he was playing away from Kuch (which was the majority). He is massively better suited for a wing position, but Julien's coaching style stifles his style. Drouin needs to be able to roam and generate offense by puck possession. If the team doesn't try to play a puck possession game, then he is lost. I also think him putting on size hurt his game. He is slower and less elusive than he was on Tampa. Although it seems he has broken the habit of having tunnel vision on puck handling and getting rocked for having his head down. His successes on Tampa might be because he wouldn't be playing the best pairings night in and night out due to the depth we have/had, where as in Montreal, he is one of the most talented players (if he is on) on the team.

1) Julien pushes puck possession more than most coaches and his teams are always great puck possession teams.

2) Drouin's problem is that he's more of a perimeter player and isn't as good in traffic.

3) Drouin slimmed down again.

4) He absolutely has tunnel vision, its the biggest flaw in his game.

Drouin's production in Tampa and Montreal isn't radically different. He's never been a good ES guy and always been great on the PP.

Kent Nilsson

Jan 31, 2016
The best asset managers I know makes a ton of mistakes, but at least they learn from it and make sure to not repeat these mistakes. Blame Bergevin all you want for the Alzner signing and the Sergachev vs Drouin (I do hold him responsible for these mistakes) but he sure look like someone who looked at the big picture, acknowledged something was wrong and made the necessary adjustments.

So far, all of his moves since the last TDL has been super positive and from all the interviews he did since, he sure look like someone who understand what went wrong and put in the effort to fix the club.

>>the best asset managers I know makes a ton of mistakes

>>from all the interviews he did since, he sure look like someone who undestand what went wrong

:biglaugh:

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
1) Julien pushes puck possession more than most coaches and his teams are always great puck possession teams.
With the right players it works for him.
2) Drouin's problem is that he's more of a perimeter player and isn't as good in traffic.
Yeah he played like that with us too. But it works on Tampa because we push and cycle around the outside with cross ice passes (it infuriates me sometimes).
3) Drouin slimmed down again.
Hopefully this gets his speed back again. Which will be good for Montreal. On Tampa, he was one of the fastest players in the NHL.
4) He absolutely has tunnel vision, its the biggest flaw in his game.
Hopefully this gets sorted out soon. Would have hoped he fixed it by now.
Drouin's production in Tampa and Montreal isn't radically different. He's never been a good ES guy and always been great on the PP.

He wasn't terrible on Tampa at ES, but yeah I can agree, he shines the brightest on the PP. He is so damn dangerous on the PP with the right system.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Does he speak Chinese or have Chinese ancestry in his family? If so, the Kunlun Redstar might be interested. Otherwise forget it.

Though, does he speak German or have German ancestry in his family? if so...

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Perhaps drouin was carried by MacKinnon in jr. and those junior numbers were inflated? His numbers could project well then if mtl follows that formula. Get a top 5 center in the league for drouin to get fed from and he will do fine. Easy.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Perhaps drouin was carried by MacKinnon in jr. and those junior numbers were inflated? His numbers could project well then if mtl follows that formula. Get a top 5 center in the league for drouin to get fed from and he will do fine. Easy.

I don't think so. Drouin's Draft+1 year was at Halifax while MacKinnon was playing his 1st year with Colorado. Drouin ended up recording 3 mores pts vs. the previous year in 3 less game (108pts in 46g). Also, in his draft year, Drouin recorded 30 more pts than Mackinnon and played 5 more games. He was dynamite in juniors

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think Drouin to Edmonton makes a lot of sense. He could work well next to McDavid as he does have good speed and we need wingers.

I think a deal based around Lucic + 2019 1st (unprotected) + Benson/Jones + 2020 2nd

Or something like that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad