Value of: Drouin

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I’m in the minority but I’d still love him on the Avs. Would fit the teams speed identity and has obvious chemistry with MacKinnon. I know most fans don’t want to split up the Landeskog MacK Rantanen line (and for good reason) but I’ve always maintained that Landeskog might be more useful on a shutdown line down the road. Let
Drouin Mack Rantanen take all the easy O zone shifts while letting Landeskog play more to his strengths shutting down the other team. What would Montreal fans think is a fair return?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I’m in the minority but I’d still love him on the Avs. Would fit the teams speed identity and has obvious chemistry with MacKinnon. I know most fans don’t want to split up the Landeskog MacK Rantanen line (and for good reason) but I’ve always maintained that Landeskog might be more useful on a shutdown line down the road. Let
Drouin Mack Rantanen take all the easy O zone shifts while letting Landeskog play more to his strengths shutting down the other team. What would Montreal fans think is a fair return?

Have to think they’d want Kerfoot back

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

That’s the problem. We paid Sergachev for him so there’s no way we’re going to sell low only a year after we acquired him. He’s had two bad games so far but he was flying during the training camp.

He is so talented and gifted offensively. He just wasn’t able to put it all together just yet. We’re a young team with a bright future and we (Drouin) still have time to figure it out.

In my book, he’s an untouchable

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
Typical Habs fans always looking to sell low on our players. You guys embarrass me.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Just another 4 years left after this year at $5.5m... bargain. ;)

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Typical Habs fans always looking to sell low on our players. You guys embarrass me.

This is what people think Bergevin did on Sergachev did the Habs need LHD more (entry level contract) or another small winger

I think we could have gotten a better winger for Sergachev if we really have to deal away a prime LHD prospect to get.....another winger

I see real talent in Drouin and think he's valuable but honestly would have chosen to re-sign Radulov and just keep Sergachev over Drouin.

Also would have kept Markov over Alzner (lols) , all these moves above just masterwork Bergevin great job.

Last edited:

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
This is what people think Bergevin did on Sergachev did the Habs need LHD more (entry level contract) or another small winger

I think we could have gotten a better winger for Sergachev if we really have to deal away a prime LHD prospect to get.....another winger

I see real talent in Drouin and think he's valuable but honestly would have chosen to re-sign Radulov and just keep Sergachev over Drouin.

Also would have kept Markov over Alzner (lols) , all these moves above just masterwork Bergevin great job.

Such a dreadful offseason. Even worse than the one that saw Subban go.

member 157595

As others have touched upon, makes no sense for Montreal to sell low. Keep him on the wing and hope he rebounds.

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
I dont think the Habs want to send away their most skilled player...

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Every time I watch him play it seems like he still thinks he's playing in the Q. Constantly trying to go 1 on 4....and failing miserably.

Used to be a big fan of him as a prospect, but he's been underwhelming to say the least, and just plain not good since the trade.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I remember thinking he was going to be a good 1. Guy's really disappointing, don't know if the Canadiens would get much for him.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
He played his best when he had to fight for his spot and wasn't handed everything on a platter.

Oh well, i todaso

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Come on Drouin is a decent 2nd liner

Right now Drouin hardly even belongs to the NHL. It's definitely premature to try to dump him though, he showed lots of flashes in the preseason and we just paid a premium to get him. It would be silly to set him available now.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Right now Drouin hardly even belongs to the NHL. It's definitely premature to try to dump him though, he showed lots of flashes in the preseason and we just paid a premium to get him. It would be silly to set him available now.

Oh come on. He’s had a great camp and two bad games. Hardly belong in the NHL? Jesus....

Reactions: BabyPanda

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Oh come on. He’s had a great camp and two bad games. Hardly belong in the NHL? Jesus....

Key is "right now". Of course he should be better in the upcoming games but he hasn't done a lot of positive things in these two games. You can't say he's a decent 2nd liner when he hasn't performed like one.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Key is "right now". Of course he should be better in the upcoming games but he hasn't done a lot of positive things in these two games. You can't say he's a decent 2nd liner when he hasn't performed like one.

Two bad games = trade him NOW!

The team so far has played well beyond expectations, so the negative nancies HAVE to focus on the single bad thing they can find to get their dose of Habs Bashing. Disgraceful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad