Drouin vs Konecny

JD vs TK

• Total voters

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
For RIGHT NOW Drouin. Moving forward TK.
Right now? Konecny has more goals and points while playing 3 less minutes and getting half the amount of PP time. He has double the amount of ES goals and ES assists. Konecny is also a more physical, gritty player and although he's not great defensively he's improved a lot this year and he's certainly not the liability that Drouin is. What exactly makes Drouin better "right now"?

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I expected Drouin to be a 90 point player his draft year, my favorite prospect since Kane. He hasn't lived up yet and currently Konecny is clearly better. Going forward who knows? both are ultra talented, Drouin probably more so, while Konecny enjoys a grit and more well rounded advantage.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I expected Drouin to be a 90 point player his draft year, my favorite prospect since Kane. He hasn't lived up yet and currently Konecny is clearly better. Going forward who knows? both are ultra talented, Drouin probably more so, while Konecny enjoys a grit and more well rounded advantage.

Same, I still take Drouin in this though still has way more upside than Konecny

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
"Career high 53 points" this is only his 3rd full season. Konecny hasn't come close to 53 points yet so that's a weak argument.

there's a 2 year difference between them. one is in their 4th year, the other 2nd. one was also drafted 3rd overall and expected to do so much more.

i bet TK surpasses 53 points by the time he reaches his 4th year. he might've reached it this year had he not got hurt.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Drouin is so overrated. guy has done absolutely nothing in the NHL. career best 53 points and some talk of him like he's a star. he won't even break 40 points this year.

Drouin has all the talent in the world to be a star in this league. He's far from a lost cause.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
there's a 2 year difference between them. one is in their 4th year, the other 2nd. one was also drafted 3rd overall and expected to do so much more.

i bet TK surpasses 53 points by the time he reaches his 4th year. he might've reached it this year had he not got hurt.
possible, sure.. but you can't say player A hasn't even scored 53 points yet!! By that standard Drouin was better than Couturier until this year.

For the record I took TK

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I think Drouin is an excellent 2nd line W. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my top line, but in a sheltered role he could be an offensive gem. Too bad the Habs don't have that sheltering luxury.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I take Drouin, the thing is I find he's had a lot of pressure going into the year and yet is still the best player on the Habs. The guy needs to not have pressure and just play hockey, and that's the way he'll excel.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don't think people realize how much of Drouins offense comes from the PP compared to Konecny.

TK won't get #1 PP time so his points will always be reduced. But look at the areas point difference. The last 2 years:

TK: 55 ES points, 7 PP points
Drouin: 42 ES points, 40 PP points

Now kudos to Drouin for producing on a #1 PP, it's just an opportunity that
TK does not get in Philly.

TK is way more physical, intense, etc...

Drouin has an offensive upside that is higher than TK IMO. He was crazy good to watch in Jr. I thought/think he could be a PPG guy. But he should not be the guy leading the team. He never screamed leader while in Halifax.

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
Playing with them all 61 games sure.... Konecny has been on that line less than half the games this year
Not to mention if TK was playing in MTL he would get more ice and PP time which means he would have more points than he would have now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad