Speculation: Drouin Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
No sense trading him. Drouin has no trade value and looks like Ducharme has turned his career around. Droiun is playing like he did for the Lightning back in playoffs 2016. Good chance he has learned his lessons. Canadiens better off keeping him. Because if he has Drouin is one of better players in game.

Reactions: HabsQC

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
There's a megathread because Habs fans were spamming the forum with bad proposals of Drouin for another teams young star player. I don't think there were ever any rumors in the media, just Habs fans desperate to get rid of him.
Have you not read all the bad proposals other fans have been throwing around for Droiun or are you just one of those i only see what i want to see.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Have you not read all the bad proposals other fans have been throwing around for Droiun or are you just one of those i only see what i want to see.
You mean the ones in response to all the threads started by Habs fans? That doesn't count. It's like swatting at a mosquito.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Everyone wanted him but they thought they would get him for pennies on the dollar.:laugh:
6pt in 5 games.Guess he'll be a Hab for awhile.

More than the points, it's the effort level and willingness to take hits and battle that's comforting. As long as Drouin continues playing with the same mentality he's gonna be beloved by Habs fans (and me). The talent was always there and is now finally much more visible with the added toughness and work ethic.

It could be that this season is JD's true breaking-out party and he produces 70+ points. It could be that he fizzles out after 20 games and goes back to being a complementary, perimeter-only player, we'll see.

Anyways, close this thread as there's no sense in trading Drouin right now and you won't find a sane and rational Canadiens fan that will want to send him away with the way he's playing.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
More than the points, it's the effort level and willingness to take hits and battle that's comforting. As long as Drouin continues playing with the same mentality he's gonna be beloved by Habs fans (and me). The talent was always there and is now finally much more visible with the added toughness and work ethic.

It could be that this season is JD's true breaking-out party and he produces 70+ points. It could be that he fizzles out after 20 games and goes back to being a complementary, perimeter-only player, we'll see.

Anyways, close this thread as there's no sense in trading Drouin right now and you won't find a sane and rational Canadiens' fan that will want to send him away with the way he's playing.

His goal tonight -> He did not try the fancy play. He shot as soon as he was able to do so!
Seems like he indeed is trying to change is approach

Reactions: angusyoung

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He's a totally different player. Much smarter player and all the energy he puts into a shift is yielding positive results.

I am glad there is a megathread. All those idiotic proposals from opposing fans trying to get him for pennies on the dollar are laughable.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He's a totally different player. Much smarter player and all the energy he puts into a shift is yielding positive results.

I am glad there is a megathread. All those idiotic proposals from opposing fans trying to get him for pennies on the dollar are laughable.

Can't really blame opposing fans for that. Those terrible proposals are a result of all the crap habs fans were writing about Drouin (prior to this season).

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Peoples need to stop trying to convince everybody that a player’s value is changing every 2-3 games. That’s ridiculous. Drouin will need to prove his new self more dans 5 games in season. He will need to keep going all sesson and further more to gain great value. As a habs fan. Let him play and be the player he can be as he is our only hope to elite talent right now. His upside is way bigger than any value we would get in a trade for him.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Drouin has always had elite skill. Like top 20 forwards in the game type of skill. It looked and still kinda looks like he would never reach his potential but that was all up to him. If he continues to work his ass off he will be a ppg player. I dont see why the hand would wanna trade him. You're never gonna get the return on him that he himself might unlock. Just hope he keeps working.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Drouin has always had elite skill. Like top 20 forwards in the game type of skill. It looked and still kinda looks like he would never reach his potential but that was all up to him. If he continues to work his ass off he will be a ppg player. I dont see why the hand would wanna trade him. You're never gonna get the return on him that he himself might unlock. Just hope he keeps working.
no one wants to trade him, only fellow clued out, hot-take habs fans want him gone - OR fans of other bases who want to poach him for nothing. he's 55 pt winger at the WORST of times, with the potential to be 70-75 pt winger if he feels engaged. He's also now on a relatively cheap contract vs what F's are getting. he's not available, he's been terrific early

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
5 games Habs fans? Come on. Not that his value has changed at all in Habs fans minds from the summer (Laine thread was awesome). Talk again about his value in January, good or bad.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
no one wants to trade him, only fellow clued out, hot-take habs fans want him gone - OR fans of other bases who want to poach him for nothing. he's 55 pt winger at the WORST of times, with the potential to be 70-75 pt winger if he feels engaged. He's also now on a relatively cheap contract vs what F's are getting. he's not available, he's been terrific early
It would be nice to see him hit a career high of 54 points. 46 points was just 2 seasons ago. You talking about 70+?! But I like the optimism.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
It would be nice to see him hit a career high of 54 points. 46 points was just 2 seasons ago. But I like the optimism.
he was a PPG player for 55 games last year - until he decided to disappear. One doesn't give up on that. I never said he was a perfect player, it's just idiotic to deal him. He's playing great with kotkaniemi and when he gets time with domi

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
he was a PPG player for 55 games last year - until he decided to disappear. One doesn't give up on that. I never said he was a perfect player, it's just idiotic to deal him. He's playing great with kotkaniemi and when he gets time with domi
You talkin about 70+ points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad