TSN: Drouin asked for a trade in November, should MB make a move ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
JVR is not really Pacioretty lite. He actually goes to the net and plays good along the board.

He would be a perfect fit for this team, can't think of a better fit in the league, actually. He's basically a Eller++

He's also one of the weakest defensive forwards out there and we know how much Therrien loves those guys.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That's a load of crap (saying he's entitled or has a bad attitude). It's funny, I remember when Subban was egotistical and had a crap attitude. People apparently have no clue. Apparently working hard and being constantly mistreated, and quietly asking for a trade = a tiny whiner with attitude problems. :shakehead

Just to reiterate, I'm venting in general, not at you.

Subban always worked his butt off and never actually whined to anyone.

32 points in 70 games as a 19 years old playing 13 minutes a night on average with barely any PP time.

Not an NHL player.

As usual, people only seem to realize the actual value of a player when he's finally put in a position to succeed and produces up to his talent. Fact is, guys that are in that position more often than not aren't on the market as they are a core part of their respective team.

Drouin is an underutilized asset that's been mismanaged ever since he first stepped on NHL ice, and you can see how underrated he's become if only by reading some of the stuff in this thread. That means now is the time to strike. That's how you find gems like Nill did when he traded for Seguin. Because you don't trade for a Seguin when he's producing upwards of 80 points a season.

The job of a GM is to see ahead of what's happening in the moment.

Drouin has been playing 2 minutes of PP a night since coming into the NHL, at least fact check...

Drouin spent a lot more time this year with Stamkos than anyone else and last year, he pretty much played equal time with the third line and Stamkos.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I'd try
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Flash - Galchenyuk - Ghetto
DD - Drouin - Carr/DSP
DSP/Carr - Mitchell - Flynn/Weise

Ideally we can somehow get Drouin for futures like Juulsen+++ and ideally we also get JvR for Eller + futures and/or picks so we can bump Flash down 1 spot.

Drouin is a winger, he played a bit of center in juniors but alot of players do without playing the position in the NHL. I'd honestly rather have him than any of the other suggestions.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Problem is we need help RIGHT NOW. We're going for it now not two or three years from now. Our core is in it's prime under contract. Two years from now things blow up

You are pretty optimistic if you think the Habs are going for it now. I expect a deadline deal for Vrbata and a 1st or 2nd round playoff exit. Too many playoff ghost or underperformer) (Plekanec, Markov, Desharnais, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Etc.)

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Subban always worked his butt off and never actually whined to anyone.

I know, but it goes to show that people will literally make things up. It snowballs, then everyone has their own version of the story. :laugh:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I've been stupidly high on Drouin for a long time now, so of course that will affect my bias. I'm pretty confident he can have a really positive impact on our team now. I think he could be about as impactful now as Galchenyuk is, assuming he's past his injuries. And FWIW, I think Galchenyuk is one of our best forwards right now, so that's pretty high praise.

Honestly, I'd rather Drouin on RW than C. I'd rather Galchenyuk and McCarron as our long term #1/#2 punch, with Pacioretty and Drouin as our elite wingers. :dunno:

I'm with you on this one.

I'd rather have Drouin on LW, however. Him and Galchenyuk on the same unit would be absolutely insane. And as you say, he can be an impact player right now. Not two years from now. He's not a prospect. He's a mismanaged player. Given the chance, I believe this is a guy that can easily put up 50+ points at 20 years old, and he has the high end talent to become one of the very best offensive forward in the league down the line.

If a Drouin trade scenario truly comes to present itself to Bergevin, I hope he doesn't hesitate going hard for him. He's the kind of player that could prove to be a turning point for this franchise, and as much as I like prospects like Scherbak and Juulsen, they're still a gamble and a few years away at this point.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I've been stupidly high on Drouin for a long time now, so of course that will affect my bias. I'm pretty confident he can have a really positive impact on our team now. I think he could be about as impactful now as Galchenyuk is, assuming he's past his injuries. And FWIW, I think Galchenyuk is one of our best forwards right now, so that's pretty high praise.

Honestly, I'd rather Drouin on RW than C. I'd rather Galchenyuk and McCarron as our long term #1/#2 punch, with Pacioretty and Drouin as our elite wingers. :dunno:

In a perfect world in 1.5 to 2.5 years the center core becomes

Galchenyuk
Drouin
McCarron
who cares.

I legitimately believe Drouin can become Giroux 2.0

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Drouin is listed 5'11 186, not big but not exactly an undersize forward either.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Drouin - Galchenyuk - DSP

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I'd rather have Drouin on LW, however. Him and Galchenyuk on the same unit would be absolutely insane. And as you say, he can be an impact player right now. Not two years from now. He's not a prospect. He's a mismanaged player. Given the chance, I believe this is a guy that can easily put up 50+ points at 20 years old, and he has the high end talent to become one of the very best offensive forward in the league down the line.

If a Drouin trade scenario truly comes to present itself to Bergevin, I hope he doesn't hesitate going hard for him. He's the kind of player that could prove to be a turning point for this franchise, and as much as I like prospects like Scherbak and Juulsen, they're still a gamble and a few years away at this point.

Explain to me how he's been mismanaged. You're just babbling this around and refusing to see the fact that he's averaged 2 minutes of PP time since the start of his career and he's played with Stamkos and Hedman the most with positive Ozone starts.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Problem is we need help RIGHT NOW. We're going for it now not two or three years from now. Our core is in it's prime under contract. Two years from now things blow up

I used to think that, now I'm not sure.

Considering we are playing Eller on the wing of the second line, I'd say Drouin could help this club offensively.

All in all I think it's a moot point because there is no way MB is going after Drouin.

1. "Lack of character"
2. He's not in the bargain bin yet.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Agreed, LW is the better fit. I just said RW to highlight that I'd rather him there over C, if it came down to only those two spots for whatever reason. I really do think this could be a huge opportunity to pick up an elite talent for a slightly under market price. Drouin would be our most talented forward.

But Drouin never really did work his butt off like Subban did. Subban is probably the hardest worker in the league... It's really a bad example.

It's really not. I'm not sure if you followed Drouin at all last year, but he was given a terrible situation and performed very well. He quietly went about his work.

In a perfect world in 1.5 to 2.5 years the center core becomes

Galchenyuk
Drouin
McCarron
who cares.

I legitimately believe Drouin can become Giroux 2.0

That would be unreal. :laugh:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Drouin asked for a trade in November. It's now January, so at least 6 weeks has passed since the trade request. It sure doesn't seem like Yzerman is in a hurry to trade him.

Probably why Walsh leaked it now.

TB should've taken Jones and allowed Nashville to take Drouin. It would've been better for both organizations.

Hind sight is 20/20.

I think MB has already asked about him. It would be interesting to know what Yzerman has asked for.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Drouin asked for a trade in November. It's now January, so at least 6 weeks has passed since the trade request. It sure doesn't seem like Yzerman is in a hurry to trade him.

TB should've taken Jones and allowed Nashville to take Drouin. It would've been better for both organizations.

Hind sight is 20/20.

I think MB has already asked about him. It would be interesting to know what Yzerman has asked for.

TB didn't know what they had in Palat and Kucherov.
To be honest, I didn't know what they had either.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Joe Yerdon: “Looking at the deals for Niederreiter and Turris, you’re basically looking at a roster player and a not-first-round pick. Nino was traded for Cal Clutterbuck and a third and Turris was traded for David Rundblad and a second. Like Drouin, Turris was also a No. 3 pick in the draft. Not saying that’s what Drouin’s price will be, but that’s where the bar is.”

boyinboyin

Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
The Seguin trade was something like:

Seguin+Peverley

Vs

Eriksson and 3 prospects

So, if MTL wants him, it should be somethig like Drouin, Killorn(or another 3rd liner)

For

Pleky and 3 prospects

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Joe Yerdon: “Looking at the deals for Niederreiter and Turris, you’re basically looking at a roster player and a not-first-round pick. Nino was traded for Cal Clutterbuck and a third and Turris was traded for David Rundblad and a second. Like Drouin, Turris was also a No. 3 pick in the draft. Not saying that’s what Drouin’s price will be, but that’s where the bar is.”

A little perspective in a world of insane trade proposals.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Hind sight is 20/20.

Galchenyuk or Gallagher had to be what he was asking for (as a starting point).

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Eller + 2nd ? Let's do this. Two birds with one stone.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Agreed, LW is the better fit. I just said RW to highlight that I'd rather him there over C, if it came down to only those two spots for whatever reason. I really do think this could be a huge opportunity to pick up an elite talent for a slightly under market price. Drouin would be our most talented forward.

It's really not. I'm not sure if you followed Drouin at all last year, but he was given a terrible situation and performed very well. He quietly went about his work.

That would be unreal. :laugh:

I did follow him. I've been waiting to shove his failure down everyone's throat when people called me crazy for telling them he'll never be even close to Mackinnon in impact. Tick tock, tick tock.

Nothing I like more than proving people wrong.

Drouin has hardly been in a bad position to succeed. Especially this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->