TSN: Drouin asked for a trade in November, should MB make a move ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I know I would dangle Juulsen. Big time.
(sure we need to add, but id prefer to give Juulsen and a big plus, instead of Beaulieu and a small plus).

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Aside:

It's interesting how the fanbase considers Scherbak a lot more expendable than McCarron. That is a shift entirely based off a few months of performance.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
I'm going to get roasted here, but what about patches for stammer and drouin...give or take

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I know I would dangle Juulsen. Big time.
(sure we need to add, but id prefer to give Juulsen and a big plus, instead of Beaulieu and a small plus).

No way on Juulsen!!....

Habs will send 1 defenseman the other way and I'm convinced it's Beaulieu.

Beaulieu+Hudon+1st

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I hope you're right, Bob. I also hope Bergevin stays far away from this. No need for another small forward - especially one we'd have to overpay for.

No need for top line talent ? You do watch the games, do you ? He's 5'11'', not 5'7'' that's Crosby size... stop with this over obsession, he's not big, but he's not small either.

But I agree that we shouldn't overpay for him. Let's try for Staal as a LW for Galchenyuk... or better, try to pry Duchene away from Colorado... anyways MB has to fix the Top 6, because it's his job that's on the line (crazy enough that he still thinks his inept coach should be in the NHL).

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Aside:

It's interesting how the fanbase considers Scherbak a lot more expendable than McCarron. That is a shift entirely based off a few months of performance.
It'll probably change back next year if Scherbak has a monster AHL year too. ;)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'm going to get roasted here, but what about patches for stammer and drouin...give or take

You're not gonna get rosted, it's a suggestion.

Don't think that happens for 3 reasons

1. He's the captain that they just identified 3 months ago
2. Stamkos is a UFA at the end of the year
3. Pacioretty has the best cap hit in the league vs his production

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
People here are wild.

We complain about having garbage offence and when a cost controlled guy is on the market there is something wrong with him.

We need Drouin. Plain and Simple. This is Seguin 2.0.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
No way on Juulsen!!....

Habs will send 1 defenseman the other way and I'm convinced it's Beaulieu.

Beaulieu+Hudon+1st

Beaulieu plays on the first pair.
Juulsen will see time on the 3rd pair in 3 years if lucky. Not because he's not good, but because there is 9 and 6 millions players with NMC on his side.

Hence why I see him as extremely expendable.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
They're discussing this on TSN690 right now and one of the guys said he would offer Beaulieu, McCarron and a 1st for Drouin. Seems really steep to me and if that's the cost MB needs to bail IMO.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Beaulieu plays on the first pair.
Juulsen will see time on the 3rd pair in 3 years if lucky. Not because he's not good, but because there is 9 and 6 millions players with NMC on his side.

Hence why I see him as extremely expendable.

Tampa sees this the same way you do, that's why they don't make that deal

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
They're discussing this on TSN690 right now and one of the guys said he would offer Beaulieu, McCarron and a 1st for Drouin. Seems really steep to me and if that's the cost MB needs to bail IMO.

That's steepidity.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Tampa sees this the same way you do, that's why they don't make that deal

...that's nothing against Juulsen.
He could be better than Beaulieu at this point and still be on a 3rd pairing.

But yeah, the + has to be bigger.

Beauleiu for Drouin makes us a worse team.

And he'd probably be on Tampa's 3rd pairing IF they can get rid of Carle.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Agree!!....McCarron is my only untouchable prospect (to a certain degree of course)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
...that's nothing against Juulsen.
He could be better than Beaulieu at this point and still be on a 3rd pairing.

But yeah, the + has to be bigger.

Beauleiu for Drouin makes us a worse team.

And he'd probably be on Tampa's 3rd pairing IF they can get rid of Carle.

Possibly....but offensively, we become better, there's no clear cut answer here. :)

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal

I wouldn't make that trade because of what a poster always wrote just higher.

But I wouldn't exclude trading patches. I always liked him, but I do think he's a bit overvalued.

The only question about him is his speed/explosion. It seems to have diminish this season. If it is a permanent trend, then better trade him too early than too late, because beside his wrist shot and capacity to skate rather fast on the wing, he doesn't bring much to the game. He's quite often floating in the o-zone, he's not overly good in the corners, and he's an average passer.

But don't get me wrong. If his speed/explosion is coming back, then by all means Habs should keep him. It is not easy to find 35 goals snipers.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Totally agree... both Beaulieu and McCarron are players this team needs... if a trade is to be done, more pieces must be involved in order to satisfy the team's future.

Scherbak, not McCarron
If Beaulieu, then we should unload some contracts in order to find a legit Top 4 D.
The first, I don't mind... espacially if it's another Juulsen.

If Yzerman wants more from division rivals, MB should sadly look elsewhere.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
People here are wild.

We complain about having garbage offence and when a cost controlled guy is on the market there is something wrong with him.

We need Drouin. Plain and Simple. This is Seguin 2.0.

Yes. Agree 100%.

Not at the cost of Galchenyuk, but yes.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
You're not gonna get rosted, it's a suggestion.

Don't think that happens for 3 reasons

1. He's the captain that they just identified 3 months ago
2. Stamkos is a UFA at the end of the year
3. Pacioretty has the best cap hit in the league vs his production

Those are all legitimate concerns...my thought was that we'd have cap to sign Stamkos and this seems like the kind of market that would be appealing to him based on the comments from some that know him. Secondly, this is the time to get a guy under contract long term. The dollar is low and that has kept the cap low. In a couple years once the dollar goes to 80 cents, the cap hit will seem like more of a bargain. It's a risk in terms of signing him though.

As far as captaincy goes...I don't see him as a defining leader for this team. I could name three people ahead of him who would fit that role better. I don't want to get side tracked but I don't think it's as big of an issue as it would be with other teams.

In terms of patches cap hit, how many more seasons does he have on that contract? One of the things people always point to is the apocalypse of his and price's contract ending at the same time. This move would mitigate that a point IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad