Post-Game Talk (GBU): Dropping another one

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
In a game where all they could muster was a few individual efforts, Sheary/Ullmark/Skinner at least had some decent moments.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Who the hell iced the puck, was that dahlin?

Ugh.

Way too soft for the first half of the game, I have little sympathy for a team when they come “just short” if they don’t bring it for a full 60.

Ullmark was excellent this was just his second regulation loss in his 14 starts and he made around what 40 saves!

COME BACK JACK.

We look like Arizona out there without him wth a couple good wingers but no star centres....lol

I get nervous whenever he sees Boston do well and he thinks “only 7 more years....”

That is unless we have some glory years then maybe he won’t think that, maybe that’s just the part of my brain that worries that has that thought.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Ullmark was solid tonight. Been playing very well. Hopefully Jack comes back. We must beat a team that’s at the bottom of the conference.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Dahlin had a bumpy game, but his mistakes were from trying to make something happen. I trust him most of the time to pull that off, and the cost of the spectacular plays will be spectacular flubs imo

Reactions: Yatzhee

pf8363

Feb 17, 2015
Mitts and Dahlin need to sit for a game. I think they just need a game to put things back into perspective.
Mitts should be in Rochester. Just not even close to an NHL caliber player right now. Dahlin was very bad tonight, but I would be hesitant to sit him unless this play continues. He's too valuable to the team on a nightly basis

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Mitts and Dahlin need to sit for a game. I think they just need a game to put things back into perspective.
I would agree about Mitts. He really should be in Rochester. He's not an NHL forward at this point.

Dahlin should not sit. He's still very good, but maybe need to mix the pairings up again. I really think we need to go back to:

Pilut Risto
Dahlin Bogo
Beaulieu/Scandella McCabe

Reactions: Gabrielor

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
G:
Ullmark
Risto
Habs Losing, Islanders currently down
Thompson
Larsson

B:
Middle Six
Mittlestadt
Dahlin

U:
Skinner presented a lot of golden chances but just couldn't bury em.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
We're just not deep enough. There's really no one you can rely on to step it up and make something happen when the top line and D aren't playing in elite mode.

Deep talent vacuum and drop off between the 1st and 4th lines.

We're not making the playoffs unless this gets fixed somehow, someway....
I honestly feel as though we're more likely to finish in the basement than make the playoffs if nothing happens.

Reactions: Fearnot

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
G
Ullmark
Skinny
Risto
Larry

B
A couple bad bounces

U
******* Refs. So many missed calls. If we get one or two of those power play chances, maybe we're talking about a different result.

B's are lucky to have gotten out of there with two points.

Let's get Jack back and get back to ****in **** up.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I would agree about Mitts. He really should be in Rochester. He's not an NHL forward at this point.

Dahlin should not sit. He's still very good, but maybe need to mix the pairings up again. I really think we need to go back to:

Pilut Risto
Dahlin Bogo
Beaulieu/Scandella McCabe
One game isn't a huge deal, I'd just tell him it's in his best interest to watch a game. It slows down in the press box.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
G
Ullmark
Skinny
Risto
Larry

B
A couple bad bounces

U
******* Refs. So many missed calls. If we get one or two of those power play chances, maybe we're talking about a different result.

B's are lucky to have gotten out of there with two points.

Let's get Jack back and get back to ****in **** up.
We're really gonna blame the loss on the refs. We were outclassed in every facet of this game.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
UPL wins gold and Ristolainen scores tonight so Finland is happy. Botterills drafting is looking very good so far from a far.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Dahlin had a bumpy game, but his mistakes were from trying to make something happen. I trust him most of the time to pull that off, and the cost of the spectacular plays will be spectacular flubs imo

Yeah, plus those are learning moments for him. Failed plays are going to teach him every bit as much about what he can pull off (and when and how) in the NHL as successful ones. And really, we've got no choice but to live with that for now. You could ask him to rein it in, but if you've got a race car, there's no sense in driving it like it's a station wagon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad