OT: Dropkick Murphys

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Not that I'm an expert but I think they may have even more love for the B's....There's a B's song "Time to Go" and numerous bruins/players references in many songs/videos including in one of their newer hits "Rose Tattoo"

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
I saw them in Montreal (summer of 2011) they came onto the stage with "We are the Champions" blaring over the speakers and walk around carrying a fake Stanley Cup. Drummers bass drum skin had the spoked B on it.

You can probably see it on you tube.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I see Casey hanging between periods out in the lobby; and saw him in Legends last month

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Glad to hear. I lived in Boston the year Nealy scored 50 in 44, and the North Stars had just moved to Dallas. Love the Bruins, Dropkicks, Lemonheads, Sebadoh, and my daughter was born in Brighton, and she loves the Red Sox. My wife was also quite smitten with Adam Oates....:(

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Seriously?

Go! Go! Black and gold!
Old-time hockey, bar the door
Clear the track it's all-out war
Light the lamp, throw a hit
Black and gold never quit
The barn is full, our team's in town
So put 'em up boys, knock 'em down
Drop the puck, it's time to go

Bust outta work, it's quarter-past five
Time to round up the gang
and take the Red to the Orange line
Head for the street and the Causeway crowd
You can feel it in the air, when the team's in town

(chorus)

Rancourt's ready, it's time to take to the ice
So tie down the jersey 'cause it could get ugly tonight
Top corner, five hole, off the post and in
On a quest for the cup, and we're ready to win

(chorus)

Go! Go! Black and gold!

Drop the puck, it's time to go

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
They are big B fans.

I think the Sox invite them to do stuff where the Bs don't.

I know they sang at one of the Sox games during the 2004 playoffs and they did some stuff at the Winter Classic.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Ken Casey is about as big a Bs fan as it gets. So I saw them three time at Avalon (out of control), once at the Garden (thank you Bs vs. Vancouver, Rolston Scores the overtime win). and once at Lowell arena.

I met Ken Casey at the Bs Wives Carnival. He couldnt have been nicer. He had his grandfather's vintage Bruins game puck he was getting signed.

huge fans.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Ken Casey is about as big a Bs fan as it gets. So I saw them three time at Avalon (out of control), once at the Garden (thank you Bs vs. Vancouver, Rolston Scores the overtime win). and once at Lowell arena.

I met Ken Casey at the Bs Wives Carnival. He couldnt have been nicer. He had his grandfather's vintage Bruins game puck he was getting signed.

huge fans.

Didnt Rolston "play guitar" that night too? I was at that game with my brothers and father

I still hate the band though

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
6022834973_e9bd090c51_z.jpg

I'm a fan of their cover of Nutty...

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Didnt Rolston "play guitar" that night too? I was at that game with my brothers and father

yes. and Nick Boynton. and Casey turned to Boynton and said....your guitar is a piece of *****. :laugh:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

and help me....it was Cloutier in net, right?
He took LaPointe's stick and threw it over the net?

was that the same game?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
and help me....it was Cloutier in net, right?
He took LaPointe's stick and threw it over the net?

was that the same game?

I just remember Boston tied it up with a second or two left, then won in OT. Oh and one of my good friends coincidentally had seats right behind us so that was cool too.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I just remember Boston tied it up with a second or two left, then won in OT. Oh and one of my good friends coincidentally had seats right behind us so that was cool too.

weird if we were right near you (I was still married then)

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
They love the B's.

During game 1 the playoffs in the CHI/BOS series they delayed one of their concerts because the game went into overtime and they had to watch.

Bobby Orr, Thorton and Lucic are in their video Going Out in Style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad