OT: Drop-in badminton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Hey everyone, I'm trying to find a place in town where I can play badminton on a drop-in basis. I used to play in Gatineau with my now-ex girlfriend - the city organized it on certain evenings at certain schools around the city; you'd pay a token amount to play for 30-60 minutes. But I can't seem to find anything equivalent in Ottawa; as far as I've seen, the city's website seems to only link to badminton clubs that want you to pay for an entire season.

Can anybody lend a hand?

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Hey everyone, I'm trying to find a place in town where I can play badminton on a drop-in basis. I used to play in Gatineau with my now-ex girlfriend - the city organized it on certain evenings at certain schools around the city; you'd pay a token amount to play for 30-60 minutes. But I can't seem to find anything equivalent in Ottawa; as far as I've seen, the city's website seems to only link to badminton clubs that want you to pay for an entire season.

Can anybody lend a hand?

The only badminton league i know of is OSSC. The games are drop in style (as in you show up and leave when you want, no fixed partners) but you do pay for 12 weeks (75$)

As far as I'm aware, there is no "pay as you go" style league

mikachu

Jul 5, 2011
Ottawa

Can anybody lend a hand?

I use to play with a few friends that were on the UOttawa team at Hintonburg Community Center a few years ago but I haven't played in at least 4 years now. I could ask them if they know any but I'm sure most Ottawa community centers have something running. I played volleyball regularly a while back at the Hunt Club CC and remember that there was badminton before our time slot. Just call your local one and see if they have badminton on certain days/day.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There

Can anybody lend a hand?

So what is the badminton scene like these days? I think it is a tremendously under-rated sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad