Signing(s): Drew Smyly signs with the Braves (1 year, $11 million)

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
So, I guess we now have our #5.

Soroka, Fried, Anderson, Wright/Wilson, Smyly

Edit: Unless the plan is long relief along side Tomlin?

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I want to meet his agent now. Braves getting robbed, one year prevents it from being any worse.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Underrated pitcher but apparently can't stay healthy so probably an overpay but only 1 year. Seems like the typical Braves throw crap at a wall to see what sticks type of pitcher signing.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Nice to see some action on FA market

Not sure of Braves system but if they have some good young arms who need more seasoning this isn't bad signing

If he fails you give shot to one of the kids or look around for another vet in season

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
As an older #5 in the rotation is the only glaring need, I think the plan is to now sit back and see what the market dictates.

Aside from maybe a pen arm and bench guy, this will most likely be the only move the Braves make unless a bunch of high profile guys go for cheep. Then Braves get a bomber like an Ozuna re-sign or something.

Otherwise, Pache and Waters fill out the outfield.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Seems a bit high on the dollars considering he hasn't really had a good full season since 2014, but good for him for turning 26 good innings into 11 mil, but I would have pegged him as more of a $5 million type guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad