Prospect Info: Drew Schiestel

NickW

May 3, 2013
MTL
Habs fans coming in peace.

Our AHL team, the Bulldogs, just signed this guy to a contract. He was a pretty high (2nd round) pick by the Sabres. Just wondering what hapenned to this guy/why he wasn't signed/what he's like?

I know, a little bit obscure! Reach into the depths of your memory banks!

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
He had a solid start to his pro career but a knee injury stunted his development. It's a shame - he had the makings of a solid pro.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
Serviceable 4th-5th AHL D. Can kill penalties but I don't remember him on the PP with the Amerks. Don't see him as an NHLer but will help the Bulldogs terrible D.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
His development was derailed by knee injuries. He's a solid AHLer, though I think the hope he'll become anything more than that is gone.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Former AHL All-Star who couldn't participate in that game because of his first knee injury.

Couldn't seem to get in the good graces of Coach Rolston the past two years which included a second knee injury at the start of last season. Sabres did qualify him last summer though after loaning him to AHL Texas. Interim coach praised him for his strong play in this spring's (short) playoff run.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
Former AHL All-Star who couldn't participate in that game because of his first knee injury.

Couldn't seem to get in the good graces of Coach Rolston the past two years which included a second knee injury at the start of last season. Sabres did qualify him last summer though after loaning him to AHL Texas. Interim coach praised him for his strong play in this spring's (short) playoff run.

It should also be noted that Dallas would have called him up when he was in Texas had they been able to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad