Drew Leblanc

bozybo

Aug 28, 2012
Well he is up for the hobbey with our boy JD hes an FA do you thing Calgary has a shot at signing him? Do you think he will be as valuable as Justin Schultz turned out to be?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He is not comparable to Schultz. Not even close, the consensus top NCAA free agents this year were Dan Dekeyser who signed with Detroit, Andrej Sustr who signed with Tampa Bay (he was sent to the AHL) and Antoine Laganiere who is in the Frozen Four with Yale.

LeBlanc is maybe a top 5 NCAA UFA player, but more likely top 10. I would like to see him sign with the Flames because he seems like a talented centerman with leadership qualities. He is also said to be close friends with Flames prospect Ben Hanowski who is is also co-captain of St. Cloud with.

I think the Flames chances are better now than they were before picking up Hanowski, but to place actual odds on it are impossible since we have no idea how many teams will make an offer for him once his season is complete.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Probably not Justin Schultz like, J. Schultz was drafted and after a couple years already was one of Anaheim's best prospects.

Dunno, he could be a decent player, and Flames have a good stance for getting any of the college guys, we have a ton of cap, a lot of room on the team next year and are rebuilding. Guys going into the NHL have a great chance to actually see the NHL and get some points/get bonuses.

I've never seen him play, but he has average size/weight but is putting up some sick points. Calgary could use any gem they could get.

Eradicator

Jul 11, 2005
Feaster talks about Leblanc and Laganiere; as expected, they are on the Flames radar

Also discusses the draft, Gaudreau, Hanowski and Agostino, Weisbrod scouting in Ottawa (likely across the river in Gatineau to watch the Mooseheads) etc

http://www.sportsnet.ca/960/

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Feaster talks about Leblanc and Laganiere; as expected, they are on the Flames radar

Also discusses the draft, Gaudreau, Hanowski and Agostino, Weisbrod scouting in Ottawa (likely across the river in Gatineau to watch the Mooseheads) etc

http://www.sportsnet.ca/960/
Monahan plays in Ottawa as well, not sur eif they are still playing or not though.

as15

Sep 21, 2012
LeBlanc is a great passer, but a below-average skater even at the NCAA level. He is slow, and isn't physical. He has very good hockey sense and shows good strength, partly because he is a 5th year senior. He could be a very good AHL player, but I could also see him struggling because of his skating. I would be very surprised if he ever plays an NHL game. He really doesn't bring much value to a team other than playmaking ability, so its Top-6 or nothing for him.

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
I HATE BEING A FLAMES FAN SOO MUCH!!! why cant the hockey gods love us?

i have a theory that bettman is commissioner of that too....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad