News Article: Drew Doughty Single Game Scouting Report (Jack Han)

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I like Mikey but he is still very green. The whole point of Maatta was to have another veteran so these kids weren't thrown out there trying to defend Nathan MacKinnon right off the bat... I too am willing to hold back a few games and see if Maatta sorts it out, but at the same time I am not enamored with the idea of throwing out Anderson, Clague, and Bjornfot to the wolves even though I really want to see the Bjornfot and Doughty pairing again.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I like Mikey but he is still very green. The whole point of Maatta was to have another veteran so these kids weren't thrown out there trying to defend Nathan MacKinnon right off the bat... I too am willing to hold back a few games and see if Maatta sorts it out, but at the same time I am not enamored with the idea of throwing out Anderson, Clague, and Bjornfot to the wolves even though I really want to see the Bjornfot and Doughty pairing again.

While I don't disagree, I'm fine with putting the young guys in difficult positions as long as we're okay when they make rookie mistakes. Maatta is a veteran making rookie mistakes, and I can't tolerate that. If Bjornfot pinches because he thought he saw something and was wrong, okay, that's a learning experience. If Maatta does it, it's a problem. This is Maatta's eighth season in the NHL.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Mikey might be green and gets exposed (see Avs 1st goal last night) but he came back and played better the rest of the game. He's got stuff between his ears that a top4 dman must have to stick. Then again he can fall flat on his face the rest of this season but I have a good feel about Mikeys game. Whats TBD is if hes a fit with 30 yo DD. Because Olliiiiiiii ain't it at least at this time.

RaymondReddington

Sep 21, 2020
Olli Maata has been traded by two teams that were in desperate need of quality defensemen. There’s a reason for that. He most definitely is not a talented or even competent player or he would never have been traded. Plus, knowledgeable fans in both Pitt and Chi were shedding no tears upon his departure. It is pure fantasy to think it would be any different here. 3rd line at best.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If Olli gets surpassed by all our young LHD, that's a good problem--it would be a better problem if it weren't because he bottomed out himself. But if Bjornfot/Anderson/Clague all prove to be consistently better options I'd like to see Olli waived. Don't think it will happen, do think those guys will be--as planned--on basically a 30 game rotation (clague/olli/eventually TB). Or, someone will eventually get hurt and force it anyway.

Last edited:

Snyper8

Aug 16, 2005
Hesperia
For me it is his decision making that makes me so angry. Funny that there is threads about his poor play because last time I said anything negative about him people lost their minds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad