Confirmed with Link: Drew Doughty signs 8-year, 11 million AAV extension

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I just wonder what the motivation to work would be. I guess it's easier to be motivated if you play hockey because it's a lot of fun, but trying to imagine having that kind of account is crazy.

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
My guess would 8 x $11-$11.5($88-$92), Drew seems like he will be that #1 Dman on this team until the end of his contract. He's always in shape, never really gets injured and has an all around game similar to Kopiatr that will allow him to age gracefully.... Think Al MacInnis

You know I love DD but if he only had Al MacInnis’ shot!! Could you imagine? I guess they all can’t be Blake like! ;)

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
You know I love DD but if he only had Al MacInnis’ shot!! Could you imagine? I guess they all can’t be Blake like! ;)

So has this been officially announced? Not that its a big deal but curious if it is 11 million or 10.75 million per year, its an optics thing. :) like buying gas, if it shows 2.99 per gallon vs 3.00 per gallon.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Congrats to Blake for getting it done so quickly. Also, much respect to Doughty for taking a reasonable deal at a bit of a discount.

The Kings are definitely all in now for the next two seasons, but they are still playing with the short stack. They are going to have to crack the aces of a few teams to win another Stanley Cup with this roster.

The Eastern Conference now looks incredibly tough with Toronto, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, and Boston among the favorites. All four of those teams are likely better than anything the Western Conference has to offer. Thankfully, the Kings only have to get by one of them to win another cup.

Reactions: BigKing

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Congrats to Blake for getting it done so quickly. Also, much respect to Doughty for taking a reasonable deal at a bit of a discount.

The Kings are definitely all in now for the next two seasons, but they are still playing with the short stack. They are going to have to crack the aces of a few teams to win another Stanley Cup with this roster.

The Eastern Conference now looks incredibly tough with Toronto, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, and Boston among the favorites. All four of those teams are likely better than anything the Western Conference has to offer. Thankfully, the Kings only have to get by one of them to win another cup.

Nice contrast from when the west was eating itself alive. Remember how dead everyone looked vs. the Rangers? haha

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Doughty seemed to figure out [ or talked to a few guys] that if he made his own deal, the extra 2 mil that would go to his agent would go right to him had he asked for 12 or 13.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
"Doughty wants to come home."
"Doughty might actually come home!"
"Are the Maple Leafs a Stanley Cup contender with Doughty?"
"Oh damn, he's building a house in So Cal."
"How many Stanley Cups will the Leafs win with Doughty?"
"Oh no, the tree is being taken down."
"Doughty might actually come home!?"
"Oh no, Doughty might have signed a new contract. It's fake news."
"TAVARES???"
"TAVARES!!!!!!!!"
"f*** Doughty, he's overrated anyways." <--- YOU ARE HERE
Drew Doughty wins another Stanley Cup and Norris.
Kings sign Tavares to a 3 year/18 million deal.
Drew Doughty inducted in HHOF.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
"Doughty wants to come home."
"Doughty might actually come home!"
"Are the Maple Leafs a Stanley Cup contender with Doughty?"
"Oh damn, he's building a house in So Cal."
"How many Stanley Cups will the Leafs win with Doughty?"
"Oh no, the tree is being taken down."
"Doughty might actually come home!?"
"Oh no, Doughty might have signed a new contract. It's fake news."
"Doughty signed, obviously sign and trade so we can get the 8th year"
"TAVARES???"
"TAVARES!!!!!!!!"
"**** Doughty, he's overrated anyways." <--- YOU ARE HERE
Drew Doughty wins another Stanley Cup and Norris.
Kings sign Tavares to a 3 year/18 million deal.
Drew Doughty inducted in HHOF.

Added an important line there for you.

Loving all the people suddenly listing Tavares as a top-3 to top-5 center though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad