NFL: Drew Brees retires

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Always had elite talent around him, a good coach, played in a dome, he should have multiple SBs

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
To be fair, he had some terrible defenses
I wouldn't say he 'always had elite talent around him' either. The recent Saints teams were much more talented, but with Brees in his prime, other than Jimmy Graham who had a shelf life, is Marques Colston elite? Devery Henderson? Pierre Thomas? Best running back he had before Kamara was Darren Sproles who is kind of a Hall of Fame-level utility player.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
To be fair, he had some terrible defenses
Well while Brees benefitted playing in perfect conditions at home so did opposing QBs when playing them. the Saints defensive numbers were poorer by playing in the Superdome.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Well while Brees benefitted playing in perfect conditions at home so did opposing QBs when playing them. the Saints defensive numbers were poorer by playing in the Superdome.
I doubt the noise in an intentionally crazy loud dome made for perfect conditions for road offences.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
But no wind, no precipitation and no sun certainly made it easier to throw and catch.
I definitely don’t dispute that. That shit is science. It would be interesting to hear from guys who have been in the game what makes for a shittier afternoon/evening: imperfect physical atmosphere like weather and field imperfections, or the mental strain of a jacked up indoors sound system/crowd and communication nightmares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->