NFL: Drew Brees retires

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Did not realize he finished 2nd in MVP voting FOUR times. I think in all time sense he will be underrated due to playing in the same era as Rodgers, Brady & P Manning but what hes done for NOLA is amazing.

One of THE most liked athletes in history. Hats off, Drew.

Wonder if Payton sticks around past this upcoming season.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Did not realize he finished 2nd in MVP voting FOUR times. I think in all time sense he will be underrated due to playing in the same era as Rodgers, Brady & P Manning but what hes done for NOLA is amazing.

One of THE most liked athletes in history. Hats off, Drew.

Wonder if Payton sticks around past this upcoming season.
Not trying to knock the guy, but I always felt like he should have won more. 1 SB is an underachievement to me

Reactions: Voight

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Not trying to knock the guy, but I always felt like he should have won more. 1 SB is an underachievement to me

This.

And him only having one SB has nothing to do with having to face said QB's above (Sans this year which Brees was already done anyways).

He has lost to the likes of Grossman, Keenam, Goff, Smith, and Cousins in the postseason.

Yes it's a team game. But still. The past four years, he hasn't played a great postseason game. At least not from start to finish.

Hall of famer. But doesn't make the top five (Montana, Brady, Manning, Elway, and Marino).

Reactions: DangleCity

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Of course. Saints had some great teams during his time, especially the last couple years when they acquired Thomas + Kamara to help on the offensive side.

Even seeing him take the Saints to the big one a second time would have been great. Mind you they did get screwed over vs the Rams so not al l his fault.

As a Packers fan I fear we may end up having this same conversation when Rodgers retires.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This.

And him only having one SB has nothing to do with having to face said QB's above (Sans this year which Brees was already done anyways).

He has lost to the likes of Grossman, Keenam, Goff, Smith, and Cousins in the postseason.

Yes it's a team game. But still. The past four years, he hasn't played a great postseason game. At least not from start to finish.

Hall of famer. But doesn't make the top five (Montana, Brady, Manning, Elway, and Marino).
Brees played basically the entirety of that 49ers game without a real rb and put up 462 yards and 4 scores. Their defense let them down that day.

Smith also scored 4 tds and had a game himself.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Brees played basically the entirety of that 49ers game without a real rb and put up 462 yards and 4 scores. Their defense let them down that day.

Smith also scored 4 tds and had a game himself.

That's one game though. A game where he struggled to start the game. A pattern throughout his career. Start slow. Comeback. Fall short.

He will make the Hall.

But he's not a top 5 QB of all time.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That's one game though. A game where he struggled to start the game. A pattern throughout his career. Start slow. Comeback. Fall short.

He will make the Hall.

But he's not a top 5 QB of all time.
A lot of that is true.

He did start that one with 2 picks before any scores, but he had them led to an opening score until Whitner bountygated Pierre Thomas.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
A lot of that is true.

He did start that one with 2 picks before any scores, but he had them led to an opening score until Whitner bountygated Pierre Thomas.

He's a Colts onside kick recovery away from having no SB's.

The postseason resume just doesn't do it for me.

If there's anyone who can make a case for him over: Brady, P. Manning, Montana, Marino, or Elway, I'd love to hear it. He doesn't have a case over Rodgers either.

Btw, I'm not arguing with you. Just further emphasizing my point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad