Dress 7D

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Ususally I hate the line-up with 7D as it unbalances the 4th line and D pairings. But after thinking about the actual situation, I do like it because we can double-shift Eller, Galchenyuk, Plekanec on the 4th line with Moen and Armstrong. That gives more punch to the offensive again.

When Pax returns, we can continue to use 7D line-up. But this time, Eller plays C on the 4th line, and some good wingers will be double-shifted to play with him.

Pax-DD-Cole
Bourque-Plek-Gionta
Prust-Gal-Gal
Moen-Eller-X
X is rotated among: Cole, Gionta and Bourque. If we trail behind, we could even swap Moen for Pax or Bourque.

What do you think ?

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
I think they are using 7 D for now so that they can integrate Subban slowly in to the system, making him skip shifts here and there. [Atleast that was their intent, according to JJ Daignault at l'Antichambre]. So I think for now, it is the best scenario, just so that PK can get his feet wet a little bit.

But in 4 or 5 games, I expect to go back to 6 D and 12 forwards. Kaberle will have to take a press box seat. Both He and Weber were walking on the edge prior to PK getting signed, and now that PK is back, I think Kaberle will most definatly get the Ax, mainly because PK has better defensive qualities, but offensive as well. You can't bench Bou, since he brings a lot defensively.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
it would get hard on certain forwards to double shift like that in a compacted season. We have four solid lines anyway so we should take advantage of that

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
Ususally I hate the line-up with 7D as it unbalances the 4th line and D pairings. But after thinking about the actual situation, I do like it because we can double-shift Eller, Galchenyuk, Plekanec on the 4th line with Moen and Armstrong. That gives more punch to the offensive again.

When Pax returns, we can continue to use 7D line-up. But this time, Eller plays C on the 4th line, and some good wingers will be double-shifted to play with him.

Pax-DD-Cole
Bourque-Plek-Gionta
Prust-Gal-Gal
Moen-Eller-X
X is rotated among: Cole, Gionta and Bourque. If we trail behind, we could even swap Moen for Pax or Bourque.

What do you think ?

I actually like this...This puts Eller in a place to succeed by giving him some half decent linemates. Basically we would have 4 scoring lines that are balanced with size on the wings. We have enough versatile players that everyone is able to play decent defense and a few guys on lines 3 and 4 that will drop the mits if needed.

Some guys will be double shifted but that should be offset by being able to roll all 4 lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->