TSN: Dreger speaks about Liljegrin on "First Up" this morning

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
Liljegren has not developed into the player I was expecting. He is actually a lot better defensively and more of a solid two way D than a straight offensive d man.

This is a better result for what we need on the team right now.

Reactions: MarnerPeachFuzz

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Love how Liljegren is developing. His focus on the defensive side, improving that, is much more important .. As he polishes himself off in that regard, the production will come.

Similarly to Morgan Rielly's development is my thinking. The skating and offense is there. This guy has completely focused on defensive game going back 18 months now. Focusing on means learning the game.

Happt to have a RHD with his upside. Keefe is likely the one with the best read on him and he is pleased with him.

He's young and motivated and disciplined enough to focus nore on the defensive side of his game.

Thats good for him.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Sheldon Keefe is a boss.
Keeps pumping out players and wins.
Good organizational philosophy in place is helping bear fruit.
Lili one of the most encouraging examples.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
LA traded for Dion! Not liking Lilly is no surprise as their drafting and pro scouting has been poor.

Lilly value has been increasing by the game in these playoffs and has been our best D man.

It is funny reading these reports that because LA preferred Durzi it must mean Liljegren = trash or has regressed. Along with the Dion trade, LA hasn’t drafted a defenseman worth anything since 2012 (Colin Miller). I wouldn’t be so concerned about their judgement

Reactions: diceman934

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I remember hearing the rumour that Kings chose Durzi over Liljegren shortly after the trade happened.

And now, a mere several months later, Dreger has caught wind of it, which kind of shows how relevant he is. Make sure to follow @DarrenDreger, he'll be breaking the Gretzky trade any day now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad